1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rotating DM in Your D20Pro Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

I'm the DM in our group--I bought six licenses so we can all play together, but does that mean only I can host a game? If I want to take a break as DM, and let my friend DM for a couple months, is there a way to rotate that DM seat, or will he need to buy a whole new set of licenses?

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I believe that if everyone in your group is using a trial license, and logging in to your game with your 6 guest licenses,that they are going to need their own Judge License to host. At the very least, I would think that the current DM would need the judge License, and the others a players license. I personally have never had this issue because all of my players bought a Judge license, and there fore have player licenses and do not take up my 2 included guest slots. I believe that a Player License is $10. Maybe this is a time for them to upgrade full Licenses of this excellent product. The y will at least gain the ability to modify their own character sheets with a full Judge License. :D

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That's an excellent motivator right there, and very helpful to the DM/GM...