1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Streets of Zobeck

Discussion in 'Marketplace Content' started by Devil Dog, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Member

I just recently purchased the Streets of Zobeck and I can't seem to find any pdf describing the various adventures. When I go to my library and look under handouts, there are a number of one page handouts to share with the players, but I am not seeing any pdf describing the various adventures in the module. Am I looking in the right place? There is a handout titled "Cover" but it is only a single page showing the cover page.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

They have just recently started including the book pdf with some marketplace content.
    I do not recall if SOZ is/was one of those or not. I'll ask Joe if he can clear this up and post here letting us know...

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I checked all of the current Kobold Press titles and none of the released one include the PDF yet. Right now, only Legendary and a few of the newer vendors have them included. However, I believe nearly all of the new titles, even Kobold Press will include them in the future.

The marketplace team includes a descriptor in the module if the PDF is included. We'll be updating the tags to include a 'pdf' listing in the very near future to help clear this up (created that tag just now, but will need the marketplace team to add the tag).

sorry for the confusion this clearly has caused!

4. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Member

Sorry, but I am still a bit confused. How am I supposed to run the module if there is no pdf file describing the encounters? Do I need to get the pdf from another source?

5. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Member

I found the following advertisement on the Streets of Zobeck from D20pro's archives advertising a 20% off sale on Kobold Press adventures for the month of July. Under the description for the Streets of Zobeck it states the following:

Streets of Zobeck is ready-to-play for D20PRO and includes

• Full Streets of Zobeck adventure PDF
    • Over 90 unique NPCs and creatures
    • 19 full-color maps with fog of war and markers
    • New Feats, Traits, Spells, and Gear to add to your campaign.
    Written by Ben McFarland, Mike Franke, Richard Pett, Christina Stiles, and Matthew Stinson.

Was this a one time offer to get the full PDF file? That is, once July ended you would have to purchase the full PDF separately? I am still trying to wrap my head around this.

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The marketplace description is here. The original description here on the forums is here. neither mention an inclusion of the pdf. I'm not saying you are incorrect, do you have a link to the advert your describing.. If it is a misprint, I'd like to note it and put out a correction so there is no confusion moving forward. I am certain they will work something out for you if there is a misprint in the ad.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

This is the only thing I could find on FB...

fbsalesoz.jpg

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

here are the twitter ads for SOZ.

fbsalesoztwitter.jpg

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

here is the ad copy off google, you sure what you quoted was from us?

fbsalesozgoogle.jpg

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

ok, 4th search is a charm I found it... it is indeed a misprint...

d20websoz.jpg

11. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Member

So how do I move on from here? I have all the maps but no descriptions of the various encounters. If this and other modules do not typically come with a pdf file, how can they be ready to play? I'm still new at this, so please help me understand what I am missing?

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

First let me say I am sure the d20pro team will work with you to resolve the misprint, it might take a day or two since it is a Holiday weekend. Though, I suspect you will get some reply here shortly, most likely via email.

As to pdfs coming with vtt products, that is a relatively new thing (for any vtt software); there are many many things that all have to be aligned to make that happen, contracts with the vendors, packaging, encryption and all manner of legal and technical issues involved.

Mesa Mundi is working towards that end to make it easier on the end user. But the norm over the last few years has been that vtt assets for modules and such are additions to said products and not the products themselves.

Typically 'Ready to play' it is meant that all the assets needed to run said module you have is already entered into the vtt, such as maps, characters, handouts and things of that nature. In other words the 'game prep' that you would generally have to do in order to run the game via vtt is already done for you (or at least as best as can be done given the scope of the module).

It can take hours or even days to prep all the needed images, characters and maps for their use in a vtt, and not a lot of GMs have that time in addition to the normal time required to organize their players, read modules and game books as per normal prep for running a game. hence the additions to said product above comment.

Not trying to sound condescending or trite, just trying to clearly explain the general flow of things since there seems to be confusion.

13. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Member

I appreciate the explanation; it's very helpful. I'm a neophyte when it comes to computer technology so it is impossible to condescend to me as everything is new. So if I am understanding you correctly, the modules in the marketplace not advertising a pdf are meant to represent the D20Pro prep of a module that it is assumed you already own and thus already have the pdf version.

This is good to know moving on to the future. As you remark, I am confident that D20Pro will work to resolve the issue of the misprint--I've experienced excellent customer service so far.

14. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

spot on, correct ... You will see more and more things that do come with the pdf in the future as we work out those bits with the individual vendors and publishers..