1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unlocking maps/creatures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lonewolf147, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

I have several maps and creatures, even ones that I created myself from scratch, that have a lock symbol next to them. This is preventing me from being able to export them.

How do I unlock these items?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

D20PRO
    (KrilionGD here) iirc, a locked asset makes use of some other encrypted asset (token/image/etc).. You will have to hunt that down and replace it, prior to being able to export.. It's a security method to prevent the sharing of purchased Marketplace or Vendor IP.

Scott

Ok, thanks. How would I know if another asset is locked? In a character, would it specifically be an Item? Or can spells, attacks, etc, be locked?
    D20PRO

D20PRO
    (KrilionGD) I highly suspect it's gonna be an art asset, token image most likely. even if it is not something you got off the marketplace, such as an image off the web, it is possible it is encrypted in some way. In such a case, you could open the asset in and image editor and remove the image meta data and reexport the image (resave it) without the xf data.. I have run across this from time to time using images from the net...

Scott
    Ahhh, ok. That gives me a good starting point when I start hunting it down.
    Thank you!
    Feel free to copy all this to the same question I posted on the forum [​IMG]

D20PRO
    (KrilionGD) it is also possible the assets are no longer located in the place D20PRO thinks they are, if you manually moved the images or the like. In which case, a Options->Refresh Resources, will fix it up; provided the images are still within the d20pro file directory...