1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Won't allow a connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Magicdixon, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Magicdixon

Magicdixon New Member

I enabled the port and even checked in on canyouseeme.org. I got a green light so everything should be a go right? Neither my sister nor myself can connect to it. I have a Netgear router and Norton Security on windows 7

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

What error message do you get when trying to connect? Are you trying to connect remote computers or ones inside your home network?

3. Magicdixon

Magicdixon New Member

It says "Connection refused:connect" on my computer, "connection timed out" and "connection refused" on a remote

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you enable "port forwarding" for port 10101 to your internal IP for your machine on your router?
    Did you unrestrict java and d20Pro in Norton on each computer?
    Did you unrestrict port 10101 in Norton on each computer?

connection issue - common reasons
    "connection timed out" - d20Pro server not open OR port forwarding not setup correctly OR server IP entered incorrectly
    "connection refused" - Router Firewall blocking OR Windows Firewall blocking OR 3rd Party Firewall blocking

If all else fails you could use LogMeIn's Hamachi2 service to connect all the computers you want to access your d20Pro session as if they were on your local network. https://secure.logmein.com/US/products/hamachi2/ Simply allow internet access when you open Hamachi, then use Hamachi2's local machine IP as the server IP. All computers you want to access d20Pro will need to be authorized on the Hamachi's website and sent an invitation under the admin account (this is a free service).