1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Working with D20Pro on multiple PC's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golkiwu, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I have been unsuccessful using the searchfor my question, so here it is.

I have d20pro on 3 different drives. One on a Thumb Drive, one on my Laptop (home) and one on my Desktop PC (home).

I work on the campaign on the laptop, but occasionaly want to work on it off of the thumb drive, and ultimately will run the game from the desktop pc.
    I want to move the files around without having to copy the entire d20pro file folder. Do I need to move just the Campaign file, or are there any sub folders that are smaller that can be moved to save transfer time. I have found that the bottleneck is mainly from moving the files to and from the thumb drive (which I expect due to the transfer rate limmitations of USB 2.0) and even the campaign file takes a long time to move.

I am also curious if there is any way to access the hero lab import folder within the d20pro file system.

Any help would be most appreciated. :mrgreen:

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

You only need to move the campaign folder.

To speed things up you can try zipping up the campaign folder copying that file then unzipping. That way it is not a lot of files being sent to the thumb drive at one time just one. Try and compare the time difference it may be faster to zip it first.

Please give me more detail on waht you mean by "access the hero lab import folder within the d20pro file system." what are you trying to do?

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Thanks for that, I will try the zip folder.

As for the Hero Lab folder, I was just wondering where the folder is that holds the files that are imported from hero lab. I am really just trying to get a feel for where things go when they are imported so I can look in the folders without having d20pro up and running. The reasoning I have is to help me know which is the most recent verion of my files between the 3 drives. Now that I know the Campaign Folder is the one to bother with, I can just refrence the modification dates on the folder details. Problem solved. I have a tendency to overcomplicate things, so I appreciate the input.

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

I understand now.

Uhmmm, now I cannot recall off the top of my head (do not have a copy installed at work, not allowed to). There is a directory that stores all the creatures they are listed as ###.obj files the most recent being the highest number. If you look for the most recent modified creature file you will know which one is the last you worked on. sort by date to find that out in windows explorer.

Hope that helps.

5. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

OK

That makes sense. I suspected that this was the case. I was looking through the diffrent folders and encountering those .obj files and thought they were what I was looking for.
    Thanks for the clarification.