1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Z key opens mini's in chat field

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Tay-Dor, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

When I'm typing in the chat log, each time I press the Z key, it opens a character mini. Would be nice if the hotkey didn't trigger when typing in the chat window.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

:) Thanks for posting this back into the forum.

I'll remove the 'z' key mapping that got added for our HTML character sheet debug. That should have been disabled in the build. Sorry it wasn't.

On the short list for this weeks patch.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Fixed.

upload_2016-7-19_23-39-12.png

Will release with the other bug fixes this week. Also, you can still access the super-secret-nothing-to-see-here panel by Not being in a chat context or other "mode" and pressing z while having a creature selected on the third Thursday of a month when Europa is opposite Ganymede. Okay, maybe the third Thursday thing was a joke... maybe!

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Just for that, I'm putting you on double secret probation. Don't tell anyone tho or it won't be a secret. ;)

5. ncassella

ncassella Member

Can someone tell me why everytime I press 'z' anywhere in the program instantly launches the mini window?

I'm using the general release of 3.6.6 and this has been going on since it was released.

It started out as a general annoyance but now it's really bugging me.

What's interesting is it's not even the regular mini window.
    D20 issue z key.PNG

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's a snag due to the work being done on remapping some of the hot keys.

7. ncassella

ncassella Member

It's been a good exercise in figuring out words containing 'z' lol.

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

The update is so close I can taste it. I will initially release to "beta" so folks can test before we move forward -- but yeah, that will definitely be today.

I found some calculation bugs around save and ability roles which I want to hammer out before shipping this out. The update bugs which were stopping the release have been squashed flat.

Abilities now carry a Base value, a Mod Value and an "Enhancement" Mod value.
    Saves have the same model.

sorry this is delaying the z-key fix because -- so annoying!