1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Sound: Separate 'cancel' sound effect from 'miss'

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

Is there a way to separate the attack miss sound effect from the general cancel sound effect?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

if you can find a royalty free wav file you would like to use let me know, as you are correct, the miss does use the cancel wav file:

Also, could create a wav for Confirmed Crit as it uses the same sound as Possible Crit.

This could be implemented with our next update as it's a 1 min billable programming change. :)

3. Ken L

Ken L Member

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I separated these into 4 "missed attack" sounds, and will have D20PRO randomly pick from one of the four to play each time someone misses their attack. It's committed into a PR, and should make it to next release. I was going to suggest me recording my voice for the swoosh, so these are better than that :p

5. Ken L

Ken L Member

In the next update will all the sounds be a bit more modern? When I run with my players I'll have to apologize for the crappy SFX.

I wish there was a way to push DM styling resources to the players.

6. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

I agree. It would be great if we could easily put in our own sounds. I used to use Klooge and had put in Star Trek fight music as a .wav for Battle starting sound, and a Homer D'Oh! for a fumble. It was kind of fun to customize those.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

You can always customize your sounds by replacing them in /res/wav then distribute it to your players. Just be aware that they will be replaced when you update D20PRO (so keep a backup of your customized sounds).

For more advanced sounds, can always use Syrinscape, I'm almost done with a video about using Syrinscape sounds with D20PRO.