1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse-Over Images

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Mandy Rae Barrett, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mandy Rae Barrett

Mandy Rae Barrett New Member

Is there any possibility of adding a mouse-over image feature to the tokens? I have a library of over 5.5k tokens, and it gets to be a bit bulky when I have to send each full-size creature image to the players as a handout.

For clarification, I'm talking about having one image set as the token image, but being able to define a second image that is only visible when you mouse-over the token.

I love the new features that have been added to d20pro. It was my first choice when I started looking into VTTs, but MapTool's vision and lighting features won out. Now that there's something very similar in d20pro I've made the switch, but the mouse-over image is one thing that both me and my players have been missing . . .

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

If your player double clicks on the monster token, they get the mini-character sheet view. In that view they can enlarge the character portrait to look at.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

There's no other way than what @Tay-Dor mentioned at the moment. However, part of the token update we're working on is to allow for more images to be affiliated with a single token.

Token (Generated), Portrait, and up to 8 sub images to represent various rotational states, and 4 status states (prone, flying, unconscious, dead).

Portrait will be the only required image. The others can be used for the intended purposes or repurposed as additional images associated with a token.

4. Mandy Rae Barrett

I'm not talking about enlarging the image used for the token, I'm talking about a second image being shown.

Image included to clarify.

Attached Files:

#4 Mandy Rae Barrett, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

He is referring to the idea as Eric has a few times of having a small headshot crop as a token image and then another as a full blown hero portrait.

Mandy Rae Barrett likes this.
  6. Mandy Rae Barrett

She* . . . . but yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. :)

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

whoops... my apologies

8. Mandy Rae Barrett

It's all good, sweetie, it happens. Especially in a subculture that has been predominately men since it's inception.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I married a game master, she was running a Shadowrun game at the time.. So, I am appreciative of women gamers :)
    both of our daughters are also gamers.. they have been gaming since they could sit at the table.. we raised our kids right <chuckle>