1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse-Over Images

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Mandy Rae Barrett, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Mandy Rae Barrett

Mandy Rae Barrett New Member

Is there any possibility of adding a mouse-over image feature to the tokens? I have a library of over 5.5k tokens, and it gets to be a bit bulky when I have to send each full-size creature image to the players as a handout.

For clarification, I'm talking about having one image set as the token image, but being able to define a second image that is only visible when you mouse-over the token.

I love the new features that have been added to d20pro. It was my first choice when I started looking into VTTs, but MapTool's vision and lighting features won out. Now that there's something very similar in d20pro I've made the switch, but the mouse-over image is one thing that both me and my players have been missing . . .

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

If your player double clicks on the monster token, they get the mini-character sheet view. In that view they can enlarge the character portrait to look at.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

There's no other way than what @Tay-Dor mentioned at the moment. However, part of the token update we're working on is to allow for more images to be affiliated with a single token.

Token (Generated), Portrait, and up to 8 sub images to represent various rotational states, and 4 status states (prone, flying, unconscious, dead).

Portrait will be the only required image. The others can be used for the intended purposes or repurposed as additional images associated with a token.

4. Mandy Rae Barrett

I'm not talking about enlarging the image used for the token, I'm talking about a second image being shown.

Image included to clarify.

Attached Files:

#4 Mandy Rae Barrett, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

He is referring to the idea as Eric has a few times of having a small headshot crop as a token image and then another as a full blown hero portrait.

Mandy Rae Barrett likes this.
  6. Mandy Rae Barrett

She* . . . . but yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. :)

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

whoops... my apologies

8. Mandy Rae Barrett

It's all good, sweetie, it happens. Especially in a subculture that has been predominately men since it's inception.

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I married a game master, she was running a Shadowrun game at the time.. So, I am appreciative of women gamers :)
    both of our daughters are also gamers.. they have been gaming since they could sit at the table.. we raised our kids right <chuckle>