1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Token Problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Bloodwolf, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I've run into a problem that I had a while back again and with some new traits.

A while back I had a couple maps that I had to delete every character and monster token and replace them because there was some strange stuff going on. One of the problems that I had was that no matter what token I went to edit another token opened. Plus whenever I tried to delete that token a different token disappeared. After deleting all of them I had to replace each and every one. I tried this time to start replacing the tokens first and that is why you see twin tokens next to each other. The tokens to the right are the new tokens and the tokens to the left are the original. Also the first time that I opened the map none of the old tokens would show to the players no matter what I did.

Well I ran into the same problem again with more maps and so I tried to save the map and reopen it. Once I did that things changed. After reopening the map the correct token opened but some of the tokens won't delete so far I have just tried the old tokens. One them deleted but the next one didn't. I have some screen shots for you below.

To the left is the GM, notice the token that has been selected.
    Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.04.png

Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.11.png

I'll put the rest on the following posts.

Attached Files:

2. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Note that the token actually deleted in the next shot for the players but not for the GM.
    Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.24.png

Now I do that again for the next one but it doesn't work the same.
    Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.28.png

Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.34.png

Screenshot 2016-11-27 11.25.40.png

So for some reason the tokens aren't acting correctly. Any ideas?

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

close all maps, close d20pro and reopen it..
    also, try the Renumber tokens / rebuild item numbers option.. you then might has to close, save the maps, close d20pro and reopen it..

4. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Yeah the change from the tokens not showing and the wrong token opening for editing stopped after closing D20Pro last night and reopening it today.

As for the other I'll give it a try.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

6. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Well it helped but didn't totally fix. The second token that I deleted disappeared for the players but it still shows in the GM screen.

Screenshot 2016-11-27 14.17.41.png

7. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Another thing that seems strange to me is when I bring up the Roster I have a bunch of tokens in the passive section that aren't on the current, the one and only open, map. Could having tokens that aren't any open maps be a problem?

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

when you closed that map you saved it, yes? I had this problem on one map, and only between builds (6.10 and 6.11).. saving. closing, closing d20pro, reopening d20pro, opening map, rebuilding UINs, saving, closing, reopening.. fixed it for me..

9. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I think, I am not sure, it was that the map was open when I updated. I'll bring it up with T and ask if that could have an ill effect on updating. It makes sense to me that a map in an open state could not handle the update processes well, but I am not a professional coder... I dabble just enough to sorta follow along..

10. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I just closed and reopened D20Pro after the Regenerate UIN and it seemed to help. And now that you mention it I think I had several maps open during one of the updates and that may be the problem.