1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Effect saving throw bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Nighteagle, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

I think I found a bug in using saving throws with the effects. I created the following at will ability for an invisible "Gamemaster" creature that I planned on using for when creatures were attacked by fire:

"On Fire!"
    Effect:
    Damage: Fire 1d6
    Duration: Infinite
    Save: DC 15, Ref, negates

For this effect, if characters makes their save, they take no damage, just I selected "negates" in the box next to selecting "Ref"
    However, when I practiced using this effect on my hapless orcs, those orcs who made their saves (whether they naturally rolled a save or I moved them into the "saved" column manually) still took half damage from the effect. I thought that selecting "negates" should have eliminated this?

If I changed the save from "Ref" to "Fort", the "negates" seems to function correctly.
    Nighteagle

2. Dan

Dan Member

Looks like a bug. Thanks for documenting it!

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Yep the bug is a real bug, but I squashed it!

Fix will be in next release!

Thanks for finding this bug.

4. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

Yippie! Thanks for answering, I was starting to think that all the developers had died in a horrible dice-rolling accident or something...
    Nighteagle