1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Effect saving throw bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Nighteagle, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

I think I found a bug in using saving throws with the effects. I created the following at will ability for an invisible "Gamemaster" creature that I planned on using for when creatures were attacked by fire:

"On Fire!"
    Effect:
    Damage: Fire 1d6
    Duration: Infinite
    Save: DC 15, Ref, negates

For this effect, if characters makes their save, they take no damage, just I selected "negates" in the box next to selecting "Ref"
    However, when I practiced using this effect on my hapless orcs, those orcs who made their saves (whether they naturally rolled a save or I moved them into the "saved" column manually) still took half damage from the effect. I thought that selecting "negates" should have eliminated this?

If I changed the save from "Ref" to "Fort", the "negates" seems to function correctly.
    Nighteagle

2. Dan

Dan Member

Looks like a bug. Thanks for documenting it!

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Yep the bug is a real bug, but I squashed it!

Fix will be in next release!

Thanks for finding this bug.

4. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

Yippie! Thanks for answering, I was starting to think that all the developers had died in a horrible dice-rolling accident or something...
    Nighteagle