1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

D20 4e troubles

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Jaiven, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Hello, so I've been trying the d20 client out and enjoying what little I have been learning but I am still hesitant to buy it based on what I've experienced with it's 4th edition support (what we use). I feel like importing characters sheets are very clunky (and stuff just isn't there which I then have to put into character descriptions aka healing surges and skills) along with the monster sheets. In 4e a lot of monsters do a set damage if they hit which I can't get d20pro to do. If you guys have any suggestions which would help to fix these things please let me know. I am trying to give this client my full attention but I feel the more I dive into it the more I just want to use rptools. Also, maybe I didn't install the 4e settings right?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

To do a set type of damage you can do the following:

Let's say the damage is 7
    Set the dice of damage to 1d1+6 or 7d1 either of them will always give you 7 damage.
    Set the to hit modifier to whatever the monster needs (str, dex, etc.) set the damage modifier to NONE.

Now your creature will always doing 7 damage with that attack.

3. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Thank you that will help. One down and a lot more to go =P

4. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Have you changed the skills.txt and other files to the 4e specific ones? If you haven't, that's why you're having trouble importing 4e characters. I import chars exported from DDI all the time and have no trouble with all of them being imported correctly.