1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

D20 4e troubles

Discussion in 'D&D 4th Edition' started by Jaiven, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Hello, so I've been trying the d20 client out and enjoying what little I have been learning but I am still hesitant to buy it based on what I've experienced with it's 4th edition support (what we use). I feel like importing characters sheets are very clunky (and stuff just isn't there which I then have to put into character descriptions aka healing surges and skills) along with the monster sheets. In 4e a lot of monsters do a set damage if they hit which I can't get d20pro to do. If you guys have any suggestions which would help to fix these things please let me know. I am trying to give this client my full attention but I feel the more I dive into it the more I just want to use rptools. Also, maybe I didn't install the 4e settings right?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

To do a set type of damage you can do the following:

Let's say the damage is 7
    Set the dice of damage to 1d1+6 or 7d1 either of them will always give you 7 damage.
    Set the to hit modifier to whatever the monster needs (str, dex, etc.) set the damage modifier to NONE.

Now your creature will always doing 7 damage with that attack.

3. Jaiven

Jaiven New Member

Thank you that will help. One down and a lot more to go =P

4. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

Have you changed the skills.txt and other files to the 4e specific ones? If you haven't, that's why you're having trouble importing 4e characters. I import chars exported from DDI all the time and have no trouble with all of them being imported correctly.