1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Markers and Damage

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Terek, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Terek

Terek New Member

I really like this product but there are 3 things that really bug me.

1)
    Markers shouldn't be restricted just to grid intersections. It would be really nice if I could put them in the center of a square too instead of just at an intersection.

2)
    I want to use this resource to keep track of hp but I don't want the players to see how much damage is done. I do like seeing the red transparency on mine but I don't want that part broadcasted to the players.

3)
    I need to be able to kick people. I read the manual and it says to just click on the x by their name but I only see that if they have already left the game.

Some possible ideas for /commands

/kick <playerName>
    /rename <playerName> <newPlayerName> Gives a gm the ability to rename a player if they accidentally log in as the default

Thanks for making this product. After my trial is up I definitely will get a license.

Terek

2. Kizan

Kizan New Member

I wish this forum system had a rating system. It would help rate some of the ideas that come up on the feature requests board.

All of the idea listed are very kewl and things that I would like to see implemented. They don't seem like they should be big things to put in, but I'm not a dev!

Kizan

3. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Under GM options, there is a way to restrict visibility of the red damage bar. I can't remember exactly the options, but I know that I play with players able to see the damage levels of people on their team, but cannot see damage on foes.

I would like to be able to restrict the numbers that flash on the token, as well, though.

To better explain - when I damage a token, it flashes a red number indicating damage applied (and a green number for healing). I would like that notification to follow the same rules as the red damage bar.

4. Terek

Terek New Member

If anyone knows where I can find this option, I would love it. Of my three items, that is the one I would want the most and if it is already implemented I really want to start using it. Thank you Zandari. I probably should post a request for help in a more appropriate forum instead of the feature request forum.

I do like your idea about making the flashing the damage applied hidden as an option. When I normally campaign I usually don't tell the players how much damage they do but if it isn't what they told me then I often tell them that "It appears as if the monster wasn't hurt as much as you thought he would be" or something like that.

5. Terek

Terek New Member

I think I figured it out but I don't have time to test it. In Options under the Judge Tab there is a setting for Damage Reveal. Options are All, Team + Dead or Dying, Player Owned and Team, Player Owned, Judge Only, and None