1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

2.0.2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by templar12, Nov 24, 2009.

1. templar12

templar12 Member

I got the upgrade, and I immediately see the new Active Effects button. What other features come with the upgrade? :?:
    ps-got my group gaming pretty well w the d20pro. as we get more playing time and more accustomed to the features, it keeps getting better.

2. Dan

Dan Member

2.0.2 included a lot of stability and bug fixes - under the hood type stuff. One thing you will notice soon enough is that closing a window also removes sub-windows from the queue. For example, try making an attack, then before you finish selecting, close the window. Now make another attack. Previously, both attacks would still be there as closing a window actually just minimized it. Now, decisions within windows are cleared when the window is closed.

Other changes
    • We also now allow you to set 1.0 or 1.5 squares per diagonal
    • Updated image files in the library (some from Scrying Eye Games)
    • More stable exports
    • New effect icon on creatures when they have effects active
    • a few more under the hood

3. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

Where did the update go? I got it on my mac, but the players in my group cannot find it for Linux. Now when I look on the site either I can't find it for either platform.

thanks

4. Dan

Dan Member

http://d20pro.com/downloads.php

There is no patch file - just download the most current version and install over your existing one. It will not overwrite your maps, creatures, art, or txt files, so don't worry.

5. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

First off, Thanks for the quick response, it is appreciated. I followed the following advice on the linux clients

Okay did that and my linux clients will not connect to the updated OS X server (installed the 2.0.2 patch file that was available for a short time) the following message appears: The server you are connecting to appears to be running a different version of the software. Please verify that you are running the same version and try again.

Your client Version is:2.0.0

The OS X has the active effects in the drop down menu the Linux does not. I have been known as Captain Obvious in the past, I am just wondering if I am yet a victim of my self again? BTW Down loaded the full installer for OS X, and installed in a different location and it too is version 2.0.0. Which thoroughly befuddles my wee little brain (Sorry I only have the IQ of an alcoholic Kobold... a side effect of too much math in my younger days).

Thanks Again

Mobius

6. Dan

Dan Member

All machines logging in have to have the same version of the software as the GM, I'm afraid. You could try re-installing 2.0.0 onto your machines for a bit and wait for 2.0.2 to officially go Public. I don't think we have Mac versions of 2.0.2 yet.

7. templar12

templar12 Member

Yes, there is a 2.0.2 upgrage for Mac, I am using it, and when I boot it up, it says 2.0.2.
    I did notice one thing,though...
    When I have a current map loaded, and I want to edit it for gamesake, like add a graphic through the Tools > Image Scaler > Effects.....my GUI disappears and then reappears.

8. Rastaputin

Rastaputin New Member

So, it seems there was a 2.0.2 that was available for a couple days. And it appears that many of us got it. However, (as of 12-2-09), the site is back to offering 2.0.0. Dan (the QA guy) mentioned there is a 2.0.2, then in a separate post says to wait for it to go officially public. Does this mean that they accidentally put 2.0.2 on the site, and then pulled it?

I don't have any complaints about whatever version they want to make the current version, but because of the 2.0.2 version that was available momentarily available, it would be nice to at least get a statement from the company about it.

Anyway, love the product.. Thanks.

9. Dan

Dan Member

2.0.2 was released to select customers but was not fully ironed out yet (and they knew it was a beta). It was mistakenly placed on the web for public download and was pulled soon afterward. For the best performance, we recommend running 2.0.0 and waiting for the next update.