1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

2.0 :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gage, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Gage

Gage New Member

Hey guys, firstly I love this program - it works and works well. But I want to give you some feedback on 2.0 I know you worked hard on D20 Pro but I don't like the new interface. I find the icons confusing and prefer words like 'miss' instead of a sword or a explosion for 'hit', I also find it annoying to set up the windows each time I log in. I found the dice icons difficult to click on too. For now I'm going back to 1.14.6 because the layout is simple and easy to understand. Please keep up the awesome work as this is my favorite virtual tabletop!

Also another thing, when I uninstalled I lost all my data, pictures, creatures etc. Perhaps include some option in the future that doesnt remove everything...?
    Thanks,
    Gage

2. Dan

Dan Member

Thank you for your feedback. We suspected that with such a dramatic visual change, we would please some and not others. Overall, the feedback has been positive and we feel that this cleaner design is the best for overall gameplay. Having said that, your feedback is considered. Perhaps we may be able to provide an icon/text toggle, so you have text-based icons or graphic ones?

Also, our newest release, 2.0.1 (due within the next couple of weeks) has substantial improvements over 2.0 in terms of user-friendliness and window control. For example, windows are remembered when you log out (so they don't have to be reset each time). Also, closing a window closes the contents permanently, so they don't continue to pop up later. We urge you to try the new version when available. Keep checking the homepage and your inbox, and keep the feedback coming!