1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

2 "To Hit" rolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tivaan, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Just a simple question. On the To Hit screen it rolls 2 to hit rolls
    What does everyone else do for both to hit rolls when u only need 1, can you remove the second one? or does everyone just ignore it? I play 4E, so I ignore the second roll.

Is there a reason for the 2nd one?

Thanks
    Tivaan

2. Leathermartini

Leathermartini New Member

The second roll confirms a possible critical. Since in 3.X crits can happen on non-20's, it's rolled as well. (I know with core 3.5/Pathfinder rules you can get crit-threats on 15+ fairly easily (rapier+improved crit) and with house rules that let improved crit and keen stack, that can drop to 12+.) Unless I'm totally crazy, I thought d20 had crit confimation as well, but it's been a while. ;)

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Yes the color changes when a crit threat occurs, if there is no possible crit due to threat range the second die is grayed out.

It is for 3.X crit system.

You can also use it as a fumble system if the player rolls a 1 to see if they recover