1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

2x STR for damage, e.g. Overhand Chop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goncyn, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Goncyn

Goncyn New Member

Is there any way to represent an attack that gets 2x STR to damage, such as Overhand Chop in Pathfinder? Is there maybe a way to manually edit the list of options for the "style" field on attacks?

Semi-related bonus question: how do you configure multiple attacks with the full BAB like pictured for the "(Cleave)" attacks here? http://d20pro.com/help/UGPlayManAttacks.php

2. ChrisRevocateur

3. Goncyn

Goncyn New Member

Thanks, Chris, but I meant this part specifically: [​IMG]. How did he get the +12,+12,+12,+12,+12 to show up?

4. ChrisRevocateur

Ah. I didn't even know how to do that, but looking it up, I found an answer under Attack Tab.

Just make two attacks with the exact same name, and they'll combine into one attack on the attack menu.

5. Goncyn

Goncyn New Member

Thanks, I missed that! Helps with "2x claw, 2x talon" and the like, too.

I guess there's no answer on calculating 2x STR for damage? That feature would help a lot w/ Overhand Chop due to STR changing from barbarian's rage, buffs, etc.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

off-hand = 0.5 STR modifier
    1-hand = 1x STR modifier
    2-hand = 1.5 x STR modifier

If I were to setup an Overhand Chop...

Attacks:
    2 separate attack lines, first for the normal damage with 1x STR, then the second line with only 1x STR damage. (it's not optimal, but this will work even when you have ubber buffs. And will work even for a critical where you multiply the STR damage, simply hit crit/hit for both attacks.
    [​IMG]

Declare Attacks:
    Select both attacks by clicking on each line before pressing "OK" then select the target twice (Player) to have both submitted to the Judge. Judge review, if the primary attack hit the opponent approve both the damages.
    [​IMG]

7. Goncyn

Goncyn New Member

That's a clever idea, thanks. I'll see whether the player likes that better than typing in the bonus himself :D