1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.4.4 Release Candate 4 Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Feb 24, 2015.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Hey Matt or one of the other guys maybe you can answer a few questions for me, about newest release candidate.

1st off I got to complement you guys the program loads super faster after this update. Before when starting it up it would take about a 3 or more mins to load after adding all my picture files, and downloaded content from the store. but it just launch right up, now. That is awesome.

I love the new character stat sheets, I am sure my players are going to like this also.

Now to my questions

1. How do I actual use the Creature Merge feature? Do I give my players a d20pro creature export and they load their d20pro app as gm edit the creature and send it back to me. Then I run the merge, and replace creature in my library or is something else going on with this, like can they edit their creature with player version of d20pro and it uploads the new version when they join game my game and ask to merge their version with the one on my library or game in play? If it can get these guys to start editing there own characters between game session it will save me a ton of time.

2. I am notice the new add on Oversize Interface element(Touch), what does this do? I am guessing it for players or GM that have touch screen based laptop or other windows\Linux\MAC os non-tablets, to use their touch screen interface in the app?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: 3.3.4 Release Candate 4 Questions

Hi KainPen!

Great questions!

1) Creature Merge Feature
    This feature is useful if you have collected updated information in the Creature Library (player or GM updated), and have an existing creature on the map. This is especially useful for leveling up characters (after rest - or training - of course).

1) On Creature needing the updated information:
    - right-click to bring up the context menu
    - Goto Alter > Merge...
    [​IMG]

2) Inside the Merge Creature Wizard, use the search function to find the updated character. (In this example we are updating Rumil from Level 8 to Level 9).
    [​IMG]

3) We can see the changes from existing (old) and incoming (new)
    (If you noticed different class levels... yes, I allowed a re-spec due to special situation)
    [​IMG]

4) We can now review final changes and finish.
    [​IMG]

Now the creature is updated on the map and ready for action! :)

2) Oversize Interface Element(Touch)
    This places an extra large placeholder for fingers to use on a touchscreen to easily resize elements (windows) in d20Pro.
    [​IMG]

Here's a Close up:
    [​IMG]