1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.5.7 FoW bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Apr 13, 2016.

1. vanith

vanith Member

Setting - Night combat
    Instance of issue - Dynamic icons with moving FoW circles

background - The party was doing a rushed job trying to find the missing captives stationed on a river for extraction. They pushed themselves to reach the captives before the ships arrived.

It's a night mission, 2 of the 7 members were human, so I had to move the FoW circles (size 20 painted circles) to new locations because they represented the torches they were walking around.

3 tokens are inside the painted circle, the person with the light source moves.
    I move the painted FoW circle to the new location
    The person with the light source is invisible on the client screen
    The two tokens who haven't moved are still visible on the client screen.
    I would push the broadcast, it still wouldn't change who was visible and who disappeared.

Please see the attachments to this forum for examples.

Attached Files:

2. vanith

vanith Member

The fourth picture isn't posting

I know this issue will be resolved with the new client coming out, but I wanted to let you know what's going on with the current version. I usually don't run into problems, so I like to always see if I can replicate it.

Attached Files:

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Moving Fog of War area then re-broadcasting doesn't move the Fog of War area? hmm.. checking into this.

4. vanith

vanith Member

The fog of war light source will move, but the tokens dynamically do not change with the painted circle being moved.

Map properties:

Hide Negative space is checked
    Create Painted FoW, make it visible
    Put dynamic tokens inside the FoW.
    Move one token then the FoW to the new location
    The new location will have invisible tokens, but the original tokens that did not move will still be visible to the client even after a broadcast.

Java Version - 8.65