1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.5 Campaign sign-up.

Discussion in 'D&D 3.X Edition' started by Tharck, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Tharck

Tharck New Member

I am a DM with 20 years experience. Currently all slots are filled. The campaign is currently in progress and about halfway through. If you see this message late, feel free to sign up anyway if you're interested and can make the time - never know when there will be more room.

Campaign: The Nine Swords (ToB inspired campaign)
    Campaign Setting: Forgotton Realms.
    Level: Currently EPL 15.
    Sources Allowed: Mostly anything. Book of Exaulted Deeds, Tome of Horrors, Dragon Magazine, and a mix of feats and particular class/feat combinations are not allowed.
    Time: 3:00pm - 11:00pm Sundays. (Central Standard Time)
    Looking For: People with some experience with Dungeons and Dragons. The ability to be attentive and play for the hours being played. A mature attitude (regardless of age.)
    Contact Me: tharck007@gmail.com is my Email address. It's a google based Email and provides an online chat function with no additional downloading. This is the very best way to get in contact with me as it allows for better than Email tag.

About the game: The game is a mix of Role-Playing and combat, around 40/60. The current campaign includes Tomb of Battle and the focus is finding the nine swords and attepting to bring Renshar back to the broken temple of the nine swords. The adventure started at level 12 and it estimated to reach level 22 or 23.

I run the game close to the rule books and don't have many house-rules. My campaigns are ones in which the PCs can (and may) lose, ending the campaign entirely and starting a new campaign. Character can (and likely will) die and be brought back to life and die again. Permanent death is also possible due to spells or enviroments (such as the Negative Material Plane and void crystals.) What I stress are people who are open to the idea that they can lose a game, and enjoy the challenge of putting forth effort in order to overcome the challenges presented. I don't use much FIAT and I dont make things up as I go. I also dont fudge dice, stats, feats, or anything else. Challenges are presented as written and the PCs can overcome them using any ideas they have.

Character Creation:
    36 point buy system or 2d6+6 any order. People who roll will begin with 20% more wealth than those who do not. (More below)
    At the minimum XP required you begin at level 12.
    Races from MM 1 and MM 3 that show a level adjustment are allowed after I review the race.
    Alignment may not be evil. You may not make a class that has Evil as a prereq. You may not choose monster races which are "Always Evil."
    Hit points are Max at 1st level. All other hit point rolls must be done on D20 Pro with a PC or DM there from this campaign.
    You may choose a single Flaw for an extra feat. You may not choose more than 1 Flaw. You do not have to choose any Flaws. List at what level you chose each feat or mark that it's a bonus feat and from where. Also list the sourcebook for your feat and the page number it may be found on.
    Make sure your skill points are correct. If you're raising INT during the character creation process remember that extra skill points from INT are NOT retroactive. If you take skill tricks it must be recorded on your character sheet.
    PHB, PHB2, Complete Books, and Spell Compendium for spells. Avasculate and Avasculate, Mass have been removed.
    You begin play with 88,000 gold pieces (As per the Wealth By Level on page 135 of the DMG) You may not spend more than 17,600GP on a single item. If you rolled your stats present with a DM and/or a PC from this campaign you begin play with 105,600gp. You may not spend more than 21,120 gold pieces on a single item. If you take Item Creation Feats you may begin play at lower than level twelve (Wealth remains the same) and instead make your own gear at 50% market price. You lose any XP used to create items. Keep in mind 50% market price = Base Price. 1/25th of Market Price = XP cost. Be sure not to count Masterworked, the item metal/wood, or the item's shape (longsword/warhammer) into the XP cost or base cost. Those calculations are done prior to enchanting and thus do not get halved in price or come into play for XP cost. Thus an Adamantine Greatsword will cost 3,050gp and this amount is not reduced by half for base cost, and does not come into play for XP cost.
    Find a portrait for your character. I can supply them for you if needed. Slight sillyness is fine, but try to keep it more serious.
    Any item chosen or made during character creation must be from a Complete Book, DMG, or MiC. You must list the source of the item, page number, and cost of them item. Belt of Battle from MiC has been removed from game.
    Background: You must have one. A background naming no cities, no places, and no names is fine - but it has to give an idea of your character's alignment and personality. Backgrounds cannot be exceptional (Im the king's son for instance) but they can be fantastic (I once killed twelve mindflayers by filling my skull with contact poison and doing many mind effecting drugs before letting them eat my brain.)
    Your background will be altered slightly to fit this campaign.
    Your background will tie into the current campaign to make introduction of your character make more sense.

All players will be on trial for 2 weeks during the campaign so we can see if everyone meshes well. If you dont, you will be asked not to attend. If you do not like the campaign or the PCs please find another. The point is having fun and this isn't a relationship with a girl you care for but no longer like.

I use D20 Pro, you are expected to master it.
    All Players are required to pay attention during the game, to make a majority of the games, and to attend until we're done for the evening.

Characters must be completed by Saturday (entirely and this means being looked over and re-done if needed because of denial of race/class/feats/spells) Characters finished on Sunday will not be presented that week. You are welcome to play a hench-(wo)man or NPC of my choosing (or just be present on D20 Pro) during this time.

In closing, when the campaign is finished a new one will be voted for and run. I have campaigns expanding many different levels, campaign settings, and alignment. I have no interest in letting someone else take a turn DMing for this Sunday group or time-slot.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

What is your time zone?

3. Tharck

Tharck New Member

CST.

Feel free to leave a PM if you wish to sign up, or contact me via gmail as an email or the chat feature.

tharck007@gmail.com

4. vanith

vanith Member

This game looks awesome as well, but it conflicts with the two existing games I'm either running or playing that I have on that day.