1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11.13 Networking

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Robotguy, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

My players were super excited about the new networking model for the beta, but we started having issues almost immediately. The first couple of players logged in OK (and thought things loaded much faster), but then the next few reported errors when trying to log in. Thinking it might be the password, I closed out the GM session and started a new session. All but one had errors, and I even had errors logging in from the same machine as the server (same as reported by everyone else):

[​IMG]

Server was on OSX Sierra, one of the players was also OSX Sierra, and the other 5 were various flavors of Windows (I can find out what flavors if it's important).

Additionally, when some players did manage to connect, text typed into the game log wouldn't show up for all connected players. I can post the log but it's just a bunch of "Hello? Can you hear me? Is anyone here?"

We gave up at this point and moved back to the 3.6.11 release.

I'd be happy to supply any additional info, but I'm not sure what may be relevant.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The log will help them track down the error, yes please post it.