1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.6 HeroLab import doesn't change Initiative Modifier

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Stonesnake, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

Noticed that when a creature is imported from HeroLab it always assumes that the creature's initiative is their Dex, even if they have feats that override the initiative (such as Improved Initiative and the like). Not sure if this was working in the past but should probably be adjusted if possible during import.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

It's always been my experience that HL importing has always been twitchy, and must always be verified and double checked for accuracy..

There are numerous reasons for this, I won't bore you with a lot technical. Suffice it to say, we are generally always playing catch up with HL. Since they are pretty much in a constant state of flux with the how/formula of their character sheet/record, it is very rare that we can have an import that is 100% .. This is because the types/values/definitions of the HL data file are constantly changing..

That being said, I can ask someone to take a look at it..

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thraxxis has been working on a replacement Hero Lab importer that uses the new Hero Lab XML format. We're currently slow going on it as life intrudes.

Please be patient with us on this one! It's a priority, but also a big undertaking. The other direction would be to have Hero Lab fix their exporter... but they're even more backlogged then we are.