1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.9 to 3.7 (3.7.1)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stragen1, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. stragen1

stragen1 New Member

Hello All,

I had been happily GMing on 3.6.9 for a long while. And before our last session I thought I would give 3.7 a try. My campaign has been going for 5 years, so I have a LOT of content.

I managed to upgrade to 3.7 on mac, I just copied the campaign directory. But during the pathfinder session I found that I couldn't command tokens to attack other tokens. I could only attack the ground or self (I used attack ground for the session). I tried created new NPCs/PCs/Monters, but that didn't help. I tried upgrading to 3.7.1 and still no joy.

Today I found that if I make a new campaign, I have all the usual functionality. What is a good way to import all my content (Maps, Monsters, Items.. and all the images) into this new campaign? (I'm currently trying the manual import and export functionality)

Cheers,

Stragen

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

This is known as the UIN bug..
    select all token on the map, right click->Alter->Team and check regenerate UIN#

This happen due to the change in how UIN numbers are generated for tokens, meshing the old (pulling in old maps) with the new is a bit twitchy.

Just drop you old campaign folder into the new install judge->campaigns

3. stragen1

stragen1 New Member

Thanks for the fast response. I followed the action above, but I still had the same issue. I managed to manually export all my old content and then import into 3.7.1, which overcame that above issue. However, i'm getting D20Pro crashes using spells. I don't understand the new spell system. I'm going to go back to 3.6.9 for now.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I haven't seen D20PRO crash in a year or two, and even that was a fluke. Could you post your d20pro.log file in the installation folder here please.