1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

4E Maps, Items and Monsters

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by JMeitzen01, Mar 23, 2010.

1. JMeitzen01

JMeitzen01 New Member

I used Dundjinni to creat my maps for Keep on the Shadowfell and Scepter Tower of Spellgard. Then I found D20pro, what a gamesaver this program is. I then created all af the monsters and items for each module and placed them on the maps. I am currenlty working on crating the maps for Raid on Loudwater and Thunderspire Labyrinth, and should be done soon. If you are looking for the maps, monsters and items for these 4E modules I have posted links so that you can get these D20pro files from my DivShare Account.

Keep on the Shadowfell
    DivShare File - KotS.d20

Scepter Tower of Spellgard
    DivShare File - SToS.d20

Let me know what you think.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Excellent!

Our community thanks you, JMeitzen01!

3. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Has anyone attemped to run "Scales of War" using d20 pro?

4. Dan

Dan Member

Hmm... Wes might have. He's wes (at mindgene)

5. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

First, let me thank you for uploading this.

That said, however, it appears that the "adventturing through shadowfell" map has been "used". IE, some of the encounter monsters are missing; and some are already injured.

I discovered this while running my players through the encounter. While I can manage, on the fly, if you have the time to upload the unused version of the maps; it would be greatly appreciated.

6. Teh Bagder

Teh Bagder New Member

The maps look great!

I've been trying to download the Dundjinni demo for Mac for a couple of weeks now, but can't get it to download at all. I don't know if it's a problem with their server, but it never completes the download. It looks like it'd be the ideal tool for me to use based on the maps you've made, but that's a moot point if I can't download it. :(

7. Obloerick

Obloerick New Member

I just recently purchased the d20Pro software and found these campaign files. Imagine my surprise in finding them as I have the pen and paper versions and I was running my friends through the H1 module during GenCon2010 - what fun! So I downloaded them so we could continue to play in our far flung locations but....

I have no idea how to import these into the d20Pro table top tool though and I am having no luck in finding a guide on how to. I think I got the images figured out ( C:\Program Files (x86)\MindGene\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\D&D 4e\res\FLR\* ) - I created the D&D 4e folder by copying the D&D 3.5 OGL folder and overwriting the files with the ones on the 4e webpage. I hope that was right, I can see the folder at the selection screen when I first load in so I assume I got that part right.

Now to get the maps into the tool, the meat and potato's of the campaign as it were, is evading me.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT: So I did find how I can create a raw map and use the scanned image as a template and create the maps myself. That works well enough but I would love to know how to import completed maps...
    Tim

8. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Basically download the file and save it somewhere like ur desktop
    Open the D20pro and open ur library and click on import, browse to ur desktop and click on that file
    D20pro will do the rest and bring it into your library

9. Dan

Dan Member

COrrect. .d20 and .d20-map files are Imported via the Map Library. Just click import, select the .d20 file, and d20pro imports all the graphics, icons, stats, effects, and fog of war on that map.

.d20 and .d20-map files are complete packages, ready to play!
    See this page: http://help.mindgene.com/libraries/map and scroll to the bottom!

10. grantjy

grantjy New Member

I am unable to import these files. The maps, for instance, are .map files instead of .d20_map files. What do I do? Thanks!

11. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

LOL, I'm sorry, I am cracking up over your avatar Dan.

12. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

When Importing, simply choose "All *.*" file types. Once selected and opened, the "<filename>.d20" file should load into your map library several maps.

I agree, Dan has a great animation avatar

13. Dan

Dan Member

post the files here as attachments to your post (see the attachment tab below the posting box). I'll take a look.

14. grantjy

grantjy New Member

Thanks for responding! I can see the .map files when viewing All file types, but when I try to open it in d20pro, it says "Failed to import.
    This file does not appear to be a valid .d20 map file. If you are starting with an image file, please click Create instead."

15. grantjy

grantjy New Member

Thanks a lot!

Attached Files:

16. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Scepter Tower of Spellgard -- StoS.d20 (roughly 48MB)
    Keep on the Shadowfell -- KotS.d20 (Roughly 23.5MB)

Seems like the file you uploaded no longer has the header or footer to load correctly in d20Pro. (52kb)

I would download the base files again. I just downloaded them today and imported them into d20Pro successfully. Here's how...

Once you download the file you want, change the file type to "d20_map" (the .d20 file extension is for an older version of d20Pro and no longer works with version 2.3 To make it work with version 2.3 simply change the extension to "d20_map")
    StoS.d20 > StoS.d20_map
    KotS.d20 > KotS.d20_map

To change the file type on Windows...

Tools > Folder Options
    OR
    Organize > Folder and Search Options
    [​IMG]

View Tab > uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"
    [​IMG]

Rename the file extension and accept the change
    [​IMG]

17. grantjy

grantjy New Member

I tried to change the file type to .d20_map but got the following message when importing "Failed to import.
    This file does not appear to be a valid .d20 map file. If you are starting with an image file, please click Create instead."

Ah haha! I see what happened now... I think. When I download the zip file, two folders show up: "maps" and "res". Silly me, I thought the .map files in the "maps" folder would be... well... maps. But the actual maps are .jpg files in res/FLR/Maps. So what are the .map files? Do I need them, need to know anything about them?

18. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

d20Pro saves exported files like a ZIP file, however, it will not import correctly when you try to import individual files inside the psudo-zip file, even if you attempt to import them individually. StoS.d20 and KotS.d20 can be imported by d20Pro by itself. The ZIP-like file directory you see if you open the .d20 file in a ZIP program is the directories that d20Pro will assign the new content to.

Thus, that map0.map (from inside the d20 file using a ZIP program) found in > maps > map0.map only contains information about that map. This file is not an actual map. It contains information that d20Pro uses to determine objects/characters placed on the map. This is the file you uploaded as an attachment.

In order to import the files d20Pro needs the entire information contained in the entire d20 file. To accomplish this, rename the entire StoS.d20 to StoS.d20_map (or rename the entire KotS.d20 to KotS.d20_map; or both) then import the files in d20Pro.

19. Dan

Dan Member

Curtis is correct. d20pro map files are really archives of images, monsters, effects, fog of war, and other maps settings. To import maps successfully, you should import the main .d20 or .d20_map file. Don't open it with an archiving program.