1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

5e Mechanics requests

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Wesley Gorby, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

1) Add new button to dice roll resolution screen "miss but not fumble".. have it act in exactly the same manner as "Hit but not critical" where it shows both di rolls in the log to the user.. this will allow people to not only "confirm fumbles" (3.5/pf for those that do that).. but in 5e, allow for advantage/disadvantage usage...

2) on Abilities, Effects add all the stats (remaining 3) to the Save DC mechanic, this is likewise helpful in 3.5/pf as there are things in those systems that save vs other then Fort/Ref/Wil...

3) add critical method/mechanic (most likely in options) to use additional dice, rather than X2, X3 multiplier...

this is the short list off the top of my head, I am sure there are other things that would be helpful, but those are the big things...

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Thanks Krillion_GD. We should be able to get some if not all of these into v3.4.

Anyone else have "low hanging fruit" ideas for 5e support to tide folks over until Unlimited rolls out next year?

3. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

I looked through the change log but didn't see any of these. Did any make it into 3.4.1?

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Robotguy and Krillion_GD,

At this point there have not been any feature changes specific to 5e. I've had to make the hard decision of focusing energy on the Unlimited Tabletop and the completely revamped d20Pro Ultimate System that will run on that platform. :oops:

I realize that this decision may be disappointing to some d20Pro Classic users out there but every hour spent on Classic is an hour that needs to be spent on Unlimited. d20Pro Ultimate will be worth the wait, I promise you, and support 5e through ODD, Pathfinder, and other D20 based games. And all of your Classic content will be forward compatible to ease the transition once Unlimited is ready for you and vice-versa. :ugeek:

Thank-you for your understanding.

5. Robotguy

Robotguy Member

Fair enough. I was just checking to see if it was worth it to ask my players upgrade again (we're running 3.3.905). Since most of the improvements seem to be on the DM side, I think I'll wait.

I'm looking forward to Unlimited. I have early access and fully intend to run my weekly game using it as soon as practical ;-)

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah, I'm super psyched about the new d20u.. more than willing to wait a bit for such an awesome update..