1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A few requests

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ChrisRevocateur, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ChrisRevocateur

Improve the Effects Database
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Right now you can save effects to a single drop down menu that is unable to be searched, sorted, or filtered in any way (I haven't made enough effects to see if it would get a scroller if there were a lot to list, so I don't know about that). Also, if a GM or someone wanted to go through and program in effects to the database, the players don't get access to this database. So I propose that you update the interface for this database, maybe a folder system. This would make spells MUCH easier to implement, as would being able to save certain effects to certain spells. Players being able to use the effects that someone else programmed in would be nice as well, especially as long as you're going to continue to force GMs to enter PC's themselves.

Also, being able to save duration and save info for effects would be nice, as would being able to use effects to cause certain conditions (though I don't know if d20Pro actually adds the effects of conditions to characters or not). My last two effect database requests I'm sure are wishful thinking, but if a Hero Lab import could actually tie effects to the abilities it gives characters, or to the spells a character has, that would be AWESOME, as would being able to tie effects to level or abilities (such as scaling fireball damage, or save DC's based on level and/or ability bonuses).

Line of Sight/Effect Tool
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The ruler acts as a rough tool for this, but it's not precise, and in Pathfinder, you're supposed to draw a line from one corner of the square you occupy, to any corner of the target square, and the ruler goes from the center of one square to the center of another.

Wishful thinking again, but maybe when you guys get the dynamic fog of war implemented, you can add line of sight/effect and cover to effects, abilities, ranged attacks, and spells.

A few other requests
    - Adding Pathfinder conditions and statuses, as well as the numerical effects of such.

Edit: to remove a feature request I have now realized has already been implemented.

2. ChrisRevocateur

Edit: Request already possible

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

All good requests.