1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A few suggestions for maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JMeitzen01, Nov 21, 2009.

1. JMeitzen01

JMeitzen01 New Member

I like the overall content of the program. I am concerned that map creation is a tad difficult. I have upgraded the tile in the program with the tiles that Tintagel has posted. Great job Tintagel by the way. I have not been able to figure out how to select a tile that I have placed on the map in order to delete it or rotate it. I am not sure that these abilities are even available. I have been using Dundjinni to create maps for a while now. I have imported 1 of these maps and it looks sweet, but Dundjinni is severely limited as to the size of the map that you can create. I tried to make characters active on the alley map, and they just went into limo. I don't generally have alot of time to figure things out with a new program, yet I am trying and like alot of what I see.

2. Dan

Dan Member

d20pro offers basic map editing but we honestly prefer to focus development time into the main features of the Virtual Tabletop area, and understand that many people will be importing maps from Dundjinni, module scans, or from online content.

Our drawing and painting tools are basic, and do not allow you to rotate images, though that is being considered for future releases.

If you want more maps, check out this post: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20

The creature roster can be a bit confusing, but here are the essential concepts to get you started:
    * it initially shows inactive creatures
    * Making creatures active (right click menu or the I key) may appear to put them in limbo, but they are just being removed from the Inactive status. Click on the Active button in the roster to see them

We are working on some revisions to the Roster system, so look for some fixes in the future.

Finally, I am available for tutorials upon request. Let me know if you would like a Q&A session online. I'm available most evenings after 9 PM. dan (at) mingene (dot) com