1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Abilities That Add Combat Bonus - Need Help

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Killamanjaro, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Killamanjaro

Killamanjaro New Member

I am having trouble with creating abilities like Point Blank Shot, Smite Evil, Deadly Aim etc that add a bonus to the users Attack and Damage bonus. This is what I have done so far for Point Blank Shot for example:

2018-02-10_21-01-14.png

Smite Evil:
    2018-02-10_21-13-20.png

I don't even know where to begin with Deadly Aim. Anyone have any ideas where I am going wrong?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You don't need the Trigger On Caster, which causes the effect to fire on the caster's turn.

I'll have to look but getCasterLevelorMin() should take a minimum value variable number. IE getCasterLevelorMin(2)

Otherwise, at first blush, it looks alright.

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Not everything needs to be automated. I'd think Point Blank Shot being situational (only for targets within 30 ft) it'd just be easy enough to add the +1 to hit and damage when submitting the attack.

4. Killamanjaro

Killamanjaro New Member

I am trying to set it up so that every attack routine starts with the player at neutral (no bonuses or penalties) unless there is an active spell or ability working that has a duration. Otherwise there are players who "forget" to remove the bonuses when they are no longer applicable. For example PBS only works at range up to 30', but if the next target on the following round is at 70' sometimes the bonus is still applied. I had this working with the old version of d20 Pro, but the new system has a much more complex (though robust) system. Also, things like Critical Focus, which automate adding the +4 bonus to confirm criticals, it would be nice to have it built into a players attack so that the DM didn't have to remember who has the ability and when to apply it for each attack. One of my characters is built around crits, but I can never tell if the bonus is being applied or if I am being gimped because the DM isn't paying attention. Lol, I am picky that way because I always find human error to the one thing that slows a game down.

5. Killamanjaro

Killamanjaro New Member

I removed the Target on Caster for Smite Evil, but still no luck. The system allows the caster to use the trait, but there is no visible impact to their attack or damage values.

6. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Makes sense. I am a bit of a control freak as well, so I understand.

7. bssutton27

bssutton27 Member

Attack bonuses still do not appear to be working. Wondering if anyone has had any luck, and if so, how?