1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Accept connections automatically?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spumoni, Jan 28, 2011.

1. spumoni

spumoni New Member

I would like to use d20 pro to run my game, but my situation is such that players will log on throughout the day to take a turn. I will not always be around during these times, so I need the program to accept connections with the correct password automatically.

Is there a way to set the program to automatically accept connections instead of prompt each time?

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

There is not currently a way to accept the connections automatically. This is not a bad suggestion though it might be the first time I've seen it. In the meantime, would it be possible for the players to log in when you are there and then leave themselves logged in?

3. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met spumoni,

Presently when a Player connects, the Judge sees a decision prompt to broadcast the game out so the new Player can see the map. As Daggeth mentioned, d20Pro has been designed with "live" play in mind where the Judge and Players are always around.

Still it is really easy to allow the Judge to toggle an option that will automatically broadcast the game as soon as a Player connects. This will work in conjunction with a password enabled game.

So I went ahead and coded this feature for inclusion in the upcoming v2.4 release. Bear in mind that this will simply show the map. Any actions (attacks, spell casting) still require Judge interaction. Though the Player should be able to join, do their action and then when the Judge returns to the computer they should be able to process the Player's request then.

Hopefully this small tweak will facilitate the play style of your group. I expect v2.4 to be out mid-February (as a free upgrade of course). Please stay tuned. :geek:

4. spumoni

spumoni New Member

Wow, what prompt service :)

I am looking forward to the update.

Thanks!

5. neofax

neofax New Member

In the mean time, you could try to get Autohotkey to auto accept. Just have it sit in the background and continuous loop until it gets a broadcast.