1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Account connection port

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xael, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Xael

Xael New Member

Hi,

I've noticed the port used for the account connection is 8034. Is there a way to change that?

Thank you,

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You're going to have to be way more specific than that, what media are you referring to?

3. Xael

Xael New Member

HAHA yeah sorry, it seems obvious to me since I've been having the problem.

When I open D20pro, I have to enter a username / password to retrieve my licence. That connection uses the port 8034 apparently... is there a way to make it use another?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

You only need to do that if you are going to be interacting with the Marketplace or retrieving your license. and as to changing the port, not that I am aware of via D20PRO, though it should be possible via your router. why do you ask?

5. Xael

Xael New Member

We intended to use it for lunchtime fun @ work and the port is bloqued. I only need to connect to retrieve my GM license the first time. Oh well, I guess we'll keep using Roll20 @ work and keep D20pro for other games :)

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I am confused.. You only really need to connect to it, if you are buying items in the Marketplace or make license changes. Why not just ask your work IT guy to open the port for you, just long enough to do what you want. or you could install D20PRO on a thumb drive and carry that to work with you. if it's a laptop, just do the license stuff at home. or you could just copy your license from your home PC install and copy it to your work PC (it's just an encrypted file).

7. Xael

Xael New Member

Ah! Copying the license is a great idea! What's the file's name?
    Also once that's done, can I download my stuff from the marketplace @ home and copy them?

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

just copy the whole D20PRO install folder from one machine to the other.. you'd normally want to do that any way for your game campaign folder.

9. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

You'll find your licences in MesaMundi / d20Pro / licenses
    File name will be "license_[your account name](d20Pro_Full_2.0.0)"

But as Kril said, its easy enough just to copy all the files over.

10. Xael

Xael New Member

Aight! I'll try that. Thank you boys!

11. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

We try to make the license work cleanly -- as far as changing the admin port that's a problem that we should avoid.

The downside is that you'll want to do your prep outside the office if you're going to use marketplace content as auth happens thru the same mechanism there too.

As we get farther along with World Engine we'll be able to deprecate this auth mechanism as we've already built a new method using the same account for World Engine (yay, cross development!)