1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Active Effects

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, Oct 29, 2012.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

is there a hot key for judge to bring up active effects tab with out going to the d20 and scrolling to it and pressing it?

Also is there away to get see if a creature passes or fails a save?? example right now wizard cast fear, all dc are set. system says x creature make save vs fear but it does not say pass or fail. on a creature with out any effects it easy to tell because the * pop up on the icon. but if the creatures already has an effect say he charge or had haste cast on it. there no way to know with out going into active effects on the creature. Also a judge I have no clue what was rolled to know to pass it or fail it.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you talking about CTRL + E (Active Effects Window)?

You can see if they passed the save on the Judge's Decisions Window with the green (pass) and red (fail) stars before you approve the effect. One approved, you then can only see who is affected with the Active Effects Window (has all effects and those affected) or each creature's Mini Window under the Effects tab.

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

Yes control E that what I was looking for thanks that should speed things up a little bit. I never noticed the green and red * start, but now I do. I also noticed that if they pass the save the effect still shows up in active effects it just has no creature Icon with the effect. Shouldn't the effect not even show up? Also in the log for players there is no way to tell if save worked or not, any way we can put that in for a future update. the green or red star in the log would work just fine. Maybe have the stars tie with the hide Judge dice roll button. If the effect does no damage all the log shows is Creature A uses the effect on Creature b with a 0 in creature B icon. I really like to see saves come over like attacks do but that a ton of work for the devs.

Thanks lol I just notice that control R brings up roster, Control L library, Control T tools, and control D for core dice. Do these work also for players?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yup, all those would be good enhancements.

Yes, Players also have shortcuts they can use to bring up common windows.
    http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGPlayControls.php- Player's keyboard shortcuts

http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGMControls.php - Judge's keyboard shortcuts

5. Dragonmaster13

I was just wondering though on why under the Active Effects window all of the effects that have happened in the last few game sessions are still there? I just went in and closed about 30 effects, none of which had any character/creature associated with anymore, which left only 2 which were still running and had someone attached to them.