1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Add an attack to abilities or effects.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kaltorak18, Feb 19, 2014.

1. kaltorak18

kaltorak18 New Member

It would really speed up combat if you could assign an attack to an ability or an effect. This way I could pre-populate ranged touch attacks for my players who fumble with the multi-step process that it currently is:

roll ranged touch attack
    THEN
    use ability/spell

It would be REALLY nice if we could have that just be "use ability/spell". This would go a really long way in usability for my players.

Thanks!

P.S. If there is a way to do this already that I haven't found, please let me know!

2. ChrisRevocateur

This is supposed to be coming in the rehauled effects system that should be coming out with the 3.4 update that we're all waiting on.

3. kaltorak18

kaltorak18 New Member

I'm glad to hear that, Chris. I am even more eager for the update then. Thank you!

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

no way yet but this will be a bit easier for you, for touch attack spells, most casters take the same ones over and over again, they rarely change them out for another one.
    So do even add the effects to the spell. (you can if you want and save them and just reload them). I would just add them to the attack menu since those spells can actually critical hit.
    So if you have a wizard that does shocking grasp a lot, or it always on his spell list, just set it up the attack as to target touch, then add 5d6 electrical damage (only this cause it to ignore dr and make it energy type attack so resistance still work) critical on 20 x 2. (this is even easier for Sorc as they rarely change there spell.) set the to hit to str or dex depending on if caster has weapon finesse. and no extra damage from any ability score, now when ever they need to do that spell/attack it is right there. the spell effects system is supposed to be over hulled in the new version. AS it is normal damage in that menu ignores dr which should not always happen. spells like ice storm are subject to dr on the bludgeon damage they do, but not on cold.