1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Characters As A Judge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bronco_6, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Bronco_6

Bronco_6 New Member

I am currently getting ready to use the D20Pro gaming system and have Hero Labs for character creation. I am getting together with players over Skype and helping them roll their characters. I have portfolios for players that I would like to add to D20Pro but I seem to be having difficulty uploading them. Both programs are on the same system and there seems to be a compatibility issue in the upload process. The D20Pro does not recognize the format of the portfolios. Any suggestions?

I am trying to avoid costs for my players by doing the characters myself and then sending them a .PDF of their character to use during play.

Thanks for the assist,

Bronco Himebaugh

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

What kind of "portfolio" are you talking about? What is the file format you're trying to upload?

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

To make your character on HeroLab into a d20Pro file, simply follow the navigation below (HeroLab):

File > Save Custom Output > d20Pro Output

Then to load your new saved d20Pro character file in d20Pro, simply follow the navigation below (d20Pro):

Inside the Library, click on Creature Library, click "Import" button on the bottom of the window, click on "Hero Lab" button, then find the saved creature you just saved in HeroLab (it will end with an extension of ".hld20pro")

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I just learned yesterday that Hero Lab characters are called portfolios. I seem to be the only gamer on the planet that doesn't own Hero Lab!

5. Bronco_6

Bronco_6 New Member

Edward,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. Your post was the perfect solution for the issue. Thanks.

Bronco_6 :D