1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding D&D 5th Ed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UrbanNightmare, Feb 23, 2015.

1. UrbanNightmare

UrbanNightmare New Member

Currently I'm using the trial version to see if I can make things work for my up coming D&D 5th Ed campaign. I saw some 5th ed stuff in the user created content area but I'm not sure how to use it. Are there any docs someone can point me to? Did I mention I'm really new to d20pro...

Thanks
    Urban Nightmare
    Living the dream...

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Welcome to D20PRO!

In Judge, you will want to create a new campaign and name it 5th Ed D&D or what ever you want.
    After you create the campaign, you will want to exit D20PRO and go to the installation location.
    The drill down to where you want to go will be this:

D20PRO-->Judge-->Campaigns-->Name of the newly created campaign

In the Newly created Campaign Folder you will see a folder named "res."
    Inside "res" you will see a folder named "ManuallySpeciied".
    Within the "ManuallySpecified" folder there are 4 files that you will need to modify: Feats, Skills, Spells, Classes.

You open up these files in notepad with Word Wrap deselected (located under the format dropdown in notepad).

You will then Copy the text from the appropriate posts from http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2819 and paste/replace the existing text in that file.

Save the file and rinse repeat with the other 3 .
    When you are finished, you should be able to open up D20PRO and select that campaign and see these changes made. The saves for 5th ed are represented by skills labeled as such.

I hope this helps!

3. UrbanNightmare

UrbanNightmare New Member

Thanks for the concise and detailed how to. I'll see what I can do tonight and if I have problems I'll let you know.