1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding large objects to map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garetjax, Jul 13, 2013.

1. garetjax

garetjax New Member

How do I add images of large objects to an existing map?
    Say, a wagon that is 2x3 squares. Or a large tree or boulder? Or even a house?
    "Objects" only allow you to add 1 square images.
    Do I add the images to "Creatures" and make them large/gargantuan?

2. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

There are a couple of way to handle this:

The first button allows you to manipulate an imported image and change the layer. The third button will all you to paint the image on the map inside one square. When using the manage tiles you must hold the ctrl and click the location you want to paint the image, but you must be mindful of the scale of your imported image because you can only adjust the size based on the grid. Once the image is on the map you can move it around as you like.

Hopefully, that makes sense. :) Let me know if you have any problems.

-Car

[​IMG]

3. garetjax

garetjax New Member

Thanks for the advice Car. Now I know what Draw Tools is for. Always avoided that button since I messed with it once and cluttered the map with a bunch of images that I couldn't erase, then had to discard everything and start over.

I do have a few questions though:

What's the best way to scale imported images? I assume you add this to the res > FLR folder. Say I have a map that is 100 dpi, and I'd like to add a 2x3 square wagon and a 4x4 boulder. How should I scale those images to add to the map via the "manage tiles" button?

Once I add an image to the map using "manage tiles", how do I change the dimensions, from 2x3 to 3x5 for example? And can I freely move them around when in combat mode?

Thanks again for your advice.

-garetjax

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

"Actual Scaling" you would d outside of d20pro in a paint program such as GIMP or the like..

Inside d20pro, you would click on the tile on the map from "draw tools", and hit R (shortcut key) to "resize" the tile..