1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Adding the Ability Tab to New Characters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffpalmer1976, Jul 29, 2017.

1. jeffpalmer1976

jeffpalmer1976 New Member

Hello,
    Having a bit of trouble managing the new spell/trait system (really really looking forward to a tutorial or 5 on those!), but realized that legacy characters imported to 3.71 have the Abilities tab and can use the old-school abilities function, while characters generated in 3.71 don't. Is there a way of adding it onto newly generated characters, so that I can continue to generate effects the best way I know until I master the new system? Thanks guys!
    Jeff...

Edit: P.S. Is there a way of importing individual characters from 3.6X to 3.7 without copying the whole campaign? Thanks!

#1 jeffpalmer1976, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

You can export creatures from the creature library. Select the creature (or character) and press the "export" button. Then in the other campaign in the creature library, hit "import" and select the file you created with the previous export activity. You can export multiple creatures in one file as well.

The ability tab is gone. We are working on documentation to help everyone use the feature library.

3. jeffpalmer1976

jeffpalmer1976 New Member

Tay-Dor,
    Thanks on both counts. I'd gotten myself confused on the exporting due to having multiple D20Pro folders with different versions and not being able to find the file. I'l design my guys (for now) in the old and import to the new!
    Jeff...

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You can multi-select (click +Shift Click) and export many tokens at a time as well. Alternatively, you can drop lots of tokens onto a map and export the map. Both methods work well.

Also, the old 'Abilities' tab does remain on those tokens that have it, however, many of the mechanical things within the old Abilities functions no no longer work as expected. So, some tinkering may be required.