1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced Players Guide Classes

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by Daeruin, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Echoing a post someone else made today, I'm staring a new campaign and need the classes from the Advanced Players Guide to be working. I have an Alchemist, an Inquisitor, and a Summoner in my group. Silly me, assuming this would already be done before okaying such decisions. I would be happy to get some of the work done, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I have no idea where to start.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Thanks for the reply! I have already read that thread. I probably should have posted this in response to that thread, sorry.

In any case, it appears that full support for the APG isn't all the way there yet. I downloaded and installed the file in that thread, but certain things still aren't working. I was hoping to get some specific suggestions on what I can do to help get it fully functioning.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Daeruin,

I looked at the available files for Pathfinder, and updated several files for more support. Please visit Pathfinder Essentials for d20pro thread I've posted the updated files there, for easy access. Spells are now complete. Skills may require testing to ensure 100% compatibility. Classes are updated with the advanced players guide classes, however, not all the new spells are added to each class who can use the new spells - will be updated later. But it does a nice job at most things, and at least you can start playing those new advanced players guide classes with d20Pro support.

5. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Curtis, thanks a lot! I have installed the files and will test later this week. So you're saying that, to your knowledge, the only thing left to do in those files is update the old classes with the new APG spells?

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Go ahead and revisit that thread.. I've updated more stuff on those data files.

now only thing I haven't done is create the following...
    Cleric - sub-domains
    Witch - classify Patron Spells under domain spells

I'm not sure if I'll get to those two things, since it's not high on my priority list. If someone wants to update it, great :) I also haven't tested all the classes, so if there are errors in a particular class / spell when importing a herolab character, or any other error please let me know :)

7. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Cool! I don't have any Clerics or Witches in my campaign, so I don't care too much about that, either. I'll let you know if I run into any errors.

8. Niverian

Niverian New Member

This is all very helpful stuff. Thanks for putting this together!

9. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

So far I've only run across one problem: There is a typo in the Spells file. Negate Armoa should be Negate Aroma.

10. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Thank you. It is fixed now

Pathfinder Essentials for d20pro

11. SteveUnderwood

SteveUnderwood New Member

I'm not sure why every time I click a link in the forums, I get a "Mesa Mundi Software Forums - Error "The requested page could not be found". I am assuming it's because the post is from December of 2010 and has been archived. However, I also need to have the APG chars for my game and wanted to download the fix Daeruin posted....where could I find them?

12. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Correct, a lot of that material was archived as it is no longer compatible with the application. A few people have posted classes they have done that are more recent in some of the current threads. What class were you looking for?

13. SteveUnderwood

SteveUnderwood New Member

There are actually 2 that I need sooner rather than later, I have an alchemist playing and an investigator in my current online d20 adventure. I did find the rules set yesterday where I can load the character info in. Was hoping that it was available already from somewhere, as that I'm from Tennessee originally, and by default a lazy country bumpkin. lol

14. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yup, those are from Adv Class Guide and Adv Players Guide...
    We have plans of doing both books officially in D20PRO.