1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced players guide

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by rclarke250, Apr 22, 2010.

1. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

As I got no response in the general forum,I'll ask here. Is there any chance that the new classes from pathfinder advanced players guide will be coming to d20pro. They are supported in Hero Lab. I did one for the Summoner, but am having problems trying to figure out how I should do Alchemist and witch as they don't do spells the same way. Also the Eidolon from the summoner and mount for the Cavalier I don't know what template I should use. With the Cavalier I just used the stock Fighter, and so was easy to set up, the summoner was a bit tougher, but I used the Sorcerer layout for her.

Here is what I did, don't know if it is right but importing from HL I didn't get an error.

## CLASS: SUMMONER
    CreatureClass=Summoner
    AttackRate=.5
    GoodSaves=Will
    SpellCaster=com.mindgene.d20.plugin.dnd.creature.SpellCasterTemplate_Sorceror|CHA
    #SPELLS AVAILABLE
    Spells0=Resistance|Acid Splash|Detect Magic|Read Magic|Daze|Detect Magic|Light|Mage Hand|Mending|Message|Open/Close|Arcane Mark|
    Spells1=Alarm|Endure Elements|Protection from Chaos|Protection from Evil|Protection from Good|Protection from Law|Shield|Grease|Mage Armor|Mount|Summon Monster I|Unseen Servant|Identify|Reduce Person| Ventriloquism|Enlarge Person|Magic Mouth|Daze Monster|Jump|Magic Fang|Expeditious Retreat|Feather Fall
    Spells2=Alter Self|Barkskin|Bear’s Endurance|Blur|Bull’s Strength|Cat’s Grace|Detect Thoughts|Eagle’s Splendor|Fox’s Cunning|Glitterdust|Invisibility|Levitate|Misdirection|Owl’s Wisdom|Phantom Steed|Protection from Arrows|Resist Energy|See Invisibility|Spider Climb|Summon Monster II| Summon Swarm|Wind Wall
    Spells3=Dispel Magic|Magic Circle against Chaos|Magic Circle against Evil|Magic Circle against Good|Magic Circle against Law|Wall of Fire|Nondetection|Protection from Energy|Sleet Storm|Displacement|Stoneskin| Stinking Cloud|Summon Monster III|Dimensional Anchor|Charm Monster|Tongues|Heroism|Hold Person|Fire Shield|Magic Fang,Greater|Wall of Ice|Fly|Haste|Locate Creature|Slow|Water Breathing|Minor Creation|
    Spells4=Bear’s Endurance, Mass|Black Tentacles|Bull’s Strength, Mass|Cat’s Grace, Mass|Contact Other Plane|Dimension Door|Dismissal|Eagle’s Splendor, Mass|Enlarge Person, Mass|Fox’s Cunning, Mass|Invisibility, Greater|Solid Fog|Summon Monster IV|Mage’s Faithful Hound|Magic Jar|Minor Creation|Overland Flight|Owl’s Wisdom, Mass|Planar Binding, Lesser|Reduce Person, Mass|Sending
    Spells5=Baleful Polymorph|Break Enchantment|Cloudkill|Heroism, Greater|Hold Monster|Insect Plague|Major Creation|Summon Monster V| Teleport|Wall of Stone|Planar Binding|Plane Shift|Polymorph|Prying Eyes|Repulsion|True Seeing
    Spells6=Acid Fog|Banishment|Creeping Doom|Dimensional Lock|Dispel Magic, Greater|Instant Summons|Invisibility, Mass|Planar Binding, Greater|Simulacrum|Spell Turning|Summon Monster VI|Teleport, Greater|Wall of Iron#SPELLS PER DAY
    PerDay1=20|1
    PerDay2=20|2
    PerDay3=20|3
    PerDay4=20|3|1
    PerDay5=20|4|2
    PerDay6=20|4|3
    PerDay7=20|4|3|1
    PerDay8=20|4|4|2
    PerDay9=20|5|4|3
    PerDay10=20|5|4|3|1
    PerDay11=20|5|4|4|2
    PerDay12=20|5|5|4|3
    PerDay13=20|5|5|4|3|1
    PerDay14=20|5|5|4|4|2
    PerDay15=20|5|5|5|4|3|
    PerDay16=20|5|5|5|4|3|1
    PerDay17=20|5|5|5|4|4|2
    PerDay18=20|5|5|5|5|4|3
    PerDay19=20|5|5|5|5|5|4
    PerDay20=20|5|5|5|5|5|5
    #SPELLS KNOWN
    Known1=4|2
    Known2=5|3
    Known3=6|3
    Known4=6|4|2
    Known5=6|4|3
    Known6=6|4|4
    Known7=6|5|4|2
    Known8=6|5|4|3
    Known9=6|5|4|4
    Known10=6|5|5|4|2
    Known11=6|6|5|4|3
    Known12=6|6|5|4|4
    Known13=6|6|5|5|4|2
    Known14=6|6|6|5|4|3
    Known15=6|6|6|5|4|4
    Known16=6|6|6|5|5|4|2|
    Known17=6|6|6|6|5|4|3|
    Known18=6|6|6|6|5|4|4|
    Known19=6|6|6|6|5|5|4|
    Known20=6|6|6|6|6|5|5|

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met rclarke250,

Thanks for your interest in d20Pro and throwing some exotic Pathfinder classes at the software. Complete (and official) Pathfinder support is in the works for GenCon. As most/many of the d20Pro Team are huge fans of Pathfinder on a personal level, this endeavor is at the forefront of our geek nature. :cool:

As of v2.1 there is a new trick up our sleeve. If a classes' spell progression is standard to 1 of of the 4 OGL types, except that you cast at +1 caster level, there is now a workaround. Add the extra class level for casting and then override your BAB by clicking the check box.

Otherwise please check back in July for updates. Please keep the Pathfinder feedback coming, either on this thread or direct communication to a d20Pro Team rep.

3. Dan

Dan Member

The class you posted above looks correct, but I would try to test it to see if you have any bugs. Is the above class a core class or prestige class? I'm not very savvy on Pathfinder rules. If it's a prestige class that adds +1 caster level, I would follow Thraxxis's advice: Simply add more class levels to your base caster class and modify your BAB if need be. If you really want to see X levels in a new prestige class, add it as a non-caster class (like fighter) and add the prestige levels AND base caster levels too - then modify BAB if need be.

4. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

Its an advanced player class but not a prestige class, there are 6 new classes that are in Beta right now, but they will be released along with the full source material in August, most likely at Gencon.
    I was using the other pathfinder classes.txt file as a template, and then I had the pdf of the new book open on one side of my screen, and a blank notepad open, and just copied and pasted the charts and then changed the formatting to resemble the other classes I saw in the .txt file, I have no errors at first level, but have not played in a game, just laid a map down tossed a couple of goblins on it, and then "played" against myself to test out the class. I just finishe typing up the other five classes,and made sure the mounts for Cavalier and the Witch Familiar, and the Summoner's Eidolon come in ok and they do, just had an issue with the output from HL as the Toad familiar has no damage, and HL put in a "-" and d20pro didn't like it, so I changed the file to say 1d0 and then it went in ok.
    Haven't had a chance to test the other 4 classes, Summoner and Cavalier being the two I have tested and seem ok. I'll let you know if I run into any issues with the others I have typed up.

5. mclarke250

mclarke250 New Member

Just wanted to mention that these classes are already legal for play in Pathfinder Society. I think you guys from D20Pro are running some events at Origins that are Society games. You might get some players that are using the new classes. Especially if the mods you are running are the low level ones, as a lot of players are using the new classes for their 2nd character.

6. Dan

Dan Member

7. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

I already have a classes.txt file that I have edited with the spelling of fireball, and all of the new classes for pathfinder. It does have some problems. Spells won't show up for summoner, gives a null error. The Oracle, and the Inquisitor do not come over from hero lab with there known spells, I can go into there character sheet and choose the spells hit rest, and then they have the spells ok. The Alchemist comes in, but it shows him as having spells, because that's the way hero lab outputs it, instead of the alchemist formulae.
    also the bombs he can use come in from hero lab as 1d6+n fire, (n=int. bonus) this generates an error as not a valid damage, but if I edit the .xml file to remove fire, it imports ok, and you can then edit the damage type to fire, and it works ok.

I also have posted an issue to the hero lab pathfinder forum, as when the cavalier chooses his mount, everything is ok, but when you switch back to your hero, it generates an error, saying that only an original race can be chosen for pathfinder. But the wolf enters ok.

I had a few days vacation, so I created the rest after posting the summoner. Along with teaching myself how to bring over the pathfinder maps from the mods, and getting them scaled right, now it takes about 2 mins per map to edit and it works great. Thank you adobe for allowing the newest version to allow the acrobat reader to copy the map as an object, and it cleans off the GM's notes and markings, giving a perfect map to scale, and then add the monsters and encounters. I'm going to have to find some time to sit in on the 2 hour program run through. because effects and spells still give me a problem. :)

Attached Files:

8. Dan

Dan Member

Thank you, rclarke, for your contribution! I'll take a look at this txt file and see if I can fix some of the problems you are having. It may require you to add new spells to the spells.txt file. If any of the classes have spells listed that are not in the spells.txt file, then they can sometimes bug out. Adding any new Advanced spells to the spells.txt file should help. Also, I noticed that the summoner uses the sorcerEr template. It's actually sorcerOr [sic] in d20pro. That's an old holdover that we will fix when we revisit the spell system. Change that e to an o and it should work.

Alchemists will just have to deal with their formulae being called spells for now.

9. ogexam

ogexam Member

I looked at the classes.txt file real quick and noticed a possible issue with the spells on the advanced classes that were added.

The spells in the lists are seperated by a "|" I saw on some of them there was a space after the bar, which may be throwing things off. I am not able to test this theory right now (currently at work). But I thought this could be an issue, someone check that please.

As for the 1d6+n with n being intelegence. Well crud, I'll look into that, and see what we need to do to get that imported correctly.

10. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

I can check it on Saturday, after I fix a few laptops, I did as Dan reminded me, and fixed the spelling of sorceror and now the spells for the summoner work great.

11. rclarke250

rclarke250 New Member

OK, I cleaned up the classes.txt file, and it didn't make a difference on the inquisitor or the oracle. they have spell slots, and can use the edit and add the spells, and click rest, and then they show up just fine, no biggie there. The problem with the Alchemist bomb was say my character had a bomb and it had a damage of 1d6+4 fire, as outputted from hero lab, the error is the word fire. d20pro won't let the .XML file import because of it. If I delete the word fire, the 1d6+4 comes over OK, than I just edit the damage type from the pull down to fire, and it is OK. I've included the new classes.txt file.

Attached Files:

12. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Hail Rclarke,

Thanks for you help and testing. I have forwarded this issue to our development team.

Best regards and happy gaming,

Nick

13. Dan

Dan Member

The inquisitor issue will require recoding, since it has sorcerer spontaneous casting plus domain spells. I suppose you could make it use the SorcerOr template [sic] and just manually add in the Domain spells via the freeform casting. The oracle might be the same.

14. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

How is the Advanced Players support coming along? Do you still need help putting these together?

Mobius

15. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I'm interested to see if the advanced players guide classes and what not gets added. I do not know how important the feats and spells really are as they are mostly cosmetic in game but the classes would be nice. I am working on them as I am starting a second Pathfinder game and the APG was just released an I have players interested in playing them.

16. mobius125

mobius125 New Member

BigKilla,

I would be interested in your game, but will have to wait until I am in a more compatible time zone, when you say you are working on the classes are you using the base file already provided by Rclrake, or going on your own. I am currently working on updating the spells file, unless I missed something that has not been done yet, or at least posted. If you are completely re-doing the Classes.txt from scratch let me know, I am willing to at least help hammer out the spell list, though I think the file posted is a pretty good start, it just may need a little tweaking to bring from the beta test era to the official release. Okay I have highjacked this thread enough :oops: , if you want to talk more please PM me. I will Post the Spells.txt file when I finish.

Mobius

17. Eretas

Eretas New Member

I just copied the classe.txt file in C:\Program Files\MindGene\d20Pro\res\manually specified but the Witch class is still reported as spellClass not found: witch. I got the error with the Inquisitor. spellClass not found: inquisitor

I use the "Trial version". Do I have to re-export from Herolab to have D20Pro recognized the files?

18. Dan

Dan Member

The newest build uses campaign folders so the location has changed from d20pro\dm\res\.... to d20pro\judge\campaign\_____\res... where ____ is the name of the campaign folder you are using.

Otherwise things should work.

19. Eretas

Eretas New Member

Ok, it's working... Now I'm just waiting about the APG data ;)

20. Shayd3000

Shayd3000 New Member

Now that Gencon has come and gone, what is the status of Pathfinder full support as mentioned in a post in April. I am currently debarring which way to go for electronic aids to my face to face games and to date you and Battlegrounds are front runners (each for different reasons). In thecae of d20pro is the pfrpg support. I have played around with the trial and imported chars fromHero Lab but found many issues with them such as recognizing spells etc. Nothing insurmountable but my curiosity is piquedbythe previous comment of "full pathfinder" support.

The other itemI am very interested is the dynamic lighting and vision feature - why battlegrounds is still on the list. I know many have asked about it, but Ivehad trouble ascertaining if this is something that is in the works or not at the present.

One last item (I appreciate your indulgence): I use the GameMastery Critical Hit deck in my games. It would be a welcome feature to be able to, in the critical hit effects window, to add an effect in addition to modifying the damage.

Thanksagain,

George