1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Allow multiple players to go at once.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kotawolf, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

.... This would take some programing I know...

But if say.. the next 5 creatures/objects/whatever are PC controlled... allow them (with maybe a GM option to turn this on and off.) to move and act..

Does this make sense?
    Basically in a large group.. 7+ PCs with some pets&familiars... makes combat really slow at times. I think it might speed it up some if we could allow more than one PC to act at once.... DM would have to pay attention to the attack screens....

EDIT: I mean during initiative.

2. ChrisRevocateur

I don't know about just letting a mass of creatures under player control to move, but it would be awesome if you could link initiatives, so that a Summoner, or a Cavalier, or anything else with an Eidolon/Companion/Familiar can have the familiar go at the same time.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Group based initiative would be nice.

4. Montis

Montis New Member

Yes indeed.

5. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

I don't exactly mean a group based initiative.. but that may work.
    I'm thinking more along the lines of.. the next 5 creatures up in initiative are controlled by PCs, followed by a NPC or two, then there are a couple more controlled by PCs.

I'm thinking maybe allow all of those PCs to go... so some of the flow can be speed up. The problem with this now that I think about it.. every time someone moves a token, it "jumps" for lack of a better term and if someone else was moving their token also.. they are pushed back.. there probably is no way around that because of the way Java works. So...the movement won't really speed up.... but maybe some more of it will...