1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Amount of maps tops out!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyderak, Jul 3, 2011.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I have 314 maps and D20Pro won't allow me to create any more........Is there a way to allow me to create more maps???????? :x :x :x :x :x :x

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met cyderak,

There isn't a limit that I'm aware of. Could you send me the exact error message or maybe a screenshot? We'll get this ironed out. If there's a bug we'll make sure it's fixed by GenCon.

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

There is no error message, when I click the "from file" button to create a map from a file it just doesn't launch the window that allows me to browse my files to create a map.

4. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Cyderak, it looks like this is an issue caused by the latest Java update. We are working on a fix for this and plan to release an update as soon as we can. You can find more info about possibly downgrading your version of Java in this thread.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

I guess i'll wait for the update.

I really don't know why updates just aren't released on a problem by problem basis instead of updates with multiple fixes. But i'm a "Get it done now" kind of guy so that would probably explain my impatience.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

There is a current workaround for this issue, uninstall the most recent Java update on your computer. The only program that requires Java Update 26 is Filemaker(reference).

Yes, this would be nice. However, it would slow down development on all our feature requests since there would be multiple development editions and more legwork to implement our feature requests.

Though, on the plus side, d20Pro updates a bug report quicker than Oralce/Sun updates Java from a bug report. :)
    Recent update on Java was released in June for an issue that was posted in February.

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

So implement your feature requests.......one at a time.

Look at all the feature requests and assign priorities to all of them. Address them in order of priority one at a time and polish that feature until it works sufficiently. Assign lesser tasks to the lesser experienced project members and let them go to town on it. Its easier to double check someone elses work than it is to take the time to do it completely yourself.

But i'm sure i'm not telling you guys something you don't already know.

I would really love to see a function where D20pro just loads up Jpegs or Png's from a directory without haveing to export or import or create a "D20pro specific" file format. I just got a new laptop and it literally took me 6 hours to export my old maps onto a jump drive and import them from the jump drive onto the new laptop. Imagine how fast that would have gone if D20pro would just load up Jpegs or Png's from a directory without haveing to export or import or create a "D20pro specific" file format.

Sorry.......i'm venting pretty good here. I am a very busy family guy and when I finally get some free time, my hands are tied because of the support process for the software I use is slower than molasses in january or the process is made more difficult than it needs to be.

8. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met cyderak,

Improving the management of campaign assets (e.g. jpegs, pngs) is certainly something we are looking to improve in the future. There are some aspects of d20Pro, that, developed over time some are long in the tooth. Know that the d20Pro Team all uses the software itself and we shake our fists angrily (usually at me) when the software isn't quite there in some areas. If you'll bear with us a bit longer you'll find these situations will be resolved.

And I'm not 100% what you were doing, but the best way to xfer a d20Pro install from one machine to another is simply zip the entire d20Pro folder and copy it to the new machine. Or, if you want to do a fresh install, copy the campaign folder (in ~/judges/campaigns) over.

9. cyderak

cyderak Member

Sorry for venting.....

And yeah I should have just asked about just copying the campaign file over to the new machine. :eek: