1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

armor classes and ID numbers fluff stuff no rush

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by KainPen, Aug 8, 2012.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Can you guys make it an option? It should be not mandatory as I know some DMs would not want this. But it would make mine and other lives and game play a little faster if the player had the ability to see the monsters Armor classes instead of asking me for it lol. They still have to ask because they still want to roll dice on a table. I consistently get asked for AC's and CMD of creatures which I use custom ac for. The ability for them to see that would be great help. It would be super nice if would pick and choose what we want them to see. But it may actual be easier for you guys to just program any option for the whole stat block. I am fine with that. I just am going to kill them with the monster anyway. Bawhhhahaha!!!!

The creatures ID are but when you turn them on the number kind make it look “icky” quote from my players. They seem as if the lose some personal interest because there something to be said about seeing your character portrait or monster portrait chasing you down, when it just a large number and a fade picture it loses something. We also have confusion every now and again in large battle with large number of clone monster. (I love the clone feature.) With who they are attacking and damaging (this goes back to be cause they still want to use real dice) It is a quick fix of me healing the wrong monster and damaging the correct. It still takes away from game time. They have been using the hover over the icon and getting the id that way, but it still kind of blah because I have to do the same or I have to look at ickness.

I think maybe it would be a good Idea to make the Creature ID about the size of the status effects. I just noticed those the other day. I am going to use them next game and see what my guys think. They should help out a good bit. But you can make the Id a status DM can test it and the number appears as a small icon on the character or mob. If done way it can be limited to just monsters and not be so distracting or icky. I am sure it would require a bit more programming but sure you guys go do it. Status already copy over when cloning so I would only have to set it on monster and copy to rest. I have the option to take not use in none clone monster to show the players they are bigger threat then the cookie cuter monsters. lol

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If your players roll dice at the table and want to know what AC they are trying to overcome, you can assign all players ownership of all the creatures. That way they can hover over to see all those important numbers and can even tell you the creature number (without having the creature number as the token image). The players can even bring up the Creature's Mini Window with the Stats tab displaying all the information also (includes CMD).

I think that option hits on all your must-haves.
    Maintain immersion by displaying each portrait.
    Allow players to see IDs (hover over) and AC (hover over or double click) and other stats.
    Easy to damage/heal creatures on the Judge's side using IDs.