1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Attributing Damage to Players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psyferre, Nov 23, 2010.

1. psyferre

psyferre New Member

Hey folks!

I apologize if this question has been asked before. The forum search function ignores every query I could think of because they contained words that were "too common". =-/

Is there any way I can inflict damage (or heals) on a creature and have it be attributed to a player I specify? I recently ran a session where one of the players' headset malfunctioned and he was unable to listen to any voice chat. Every time I doled out damage or healing on behalf of other players I would have to type in the chat log "That was player X." or this guy had to ask me what just happened. It drove me bonkers. :) Even barring a situation like that, it would be cool if the combat log made some sense - so I could look at it later and see who gave a killing blow, etc.

Thanks!

Psyferre

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

No, currently when you assign damage there is not an option to choose who caused that damage. We can add this as a suggestion to our feature request list and consider adding it in with a future update.

3. psyferre

psyferre New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!

I think that would be a useful feature... at least to me. :)

4. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

As a band-aid solution, you might want to use the effects menu instead, a bit longer, but will give you the info you need
    Then in the "new ability" section, you can type in "heal from JoeBobTheHealer" and give HP's that way

Sequence :
    select the character who will receive the hp's
    press X
    change "new ability" to "heal from Joebob Thehealer "
    in effects , click "inert"
    go to Hit Point section, click Add Fixed
    change normal to healing, add hip points to heal
    green check mark
    green check mark
    And voila, you have the following msg in the Game Log "Judge uses heal from Joebob Thehealer on Fighter Hetshitalot"

5. psyferre

psyferre New Member

Thanks! That'll definitely get me by. As a side note, those are some of the most inspired names for player characters I've ever heard. :)

6. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

The Dream Team :

JoeBob TheHealer
    Fighter GetsHitAlot
    Stabby McBloodyDagger
    Mage FriendlyFire

And there all in the 4e naming convention.

7. psyferre

psyferre New Member

Brilliant!