1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Back from Golarion : some ideas after first playtest :)

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Yaourth, May 7, 2010.

1. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Hi all

first real test of d20pro with my party yesterday night : 4 players on a hand-made module (a intro for Kingmaker adventure path).
    All players have a good experience of real roleplaying game but for two, it was the first time with PF ruleset.

We used TS3 for the vocal and that works fine with d20pro.

Everybody seems happy after the evening, specially about the d20pro interface which give a good feeling, really close to real game. No bugs and very reactive even on small computer.

Some ideas from players, may be for the future :

- Show the result of all init-tests somewhere (game log, roster... i don't know where it could be the best). It's a very interesting info to have in a fight.
    - We are not able to use the private chat between players and DM. Does this feature work and how ?
    - When a player close the handouts window, he's not able to reopen it easily. Is it possible to add a "Handout" button on the player client ?
    - Handouts again, but on the GM side : the management of the player's rights and active handouts is not easy (need to click on each handout to have its status). I think the system can be improved, for example with a color code for active handouts in the library.
    - Is it possible to cut-off auto-broadcast ? Yesterday, i have to change some things on the "next-scene" map. Players finished exploration of the current one and suddenly received the wrong map... it would be fine to permit to work on a map without broadcast it to players.
    - Last point : is it possible to include CMB/CMD in the character sheet ?

Many thanks for all !!

Attached Files:

2. Dan

Dan Member

To send private tells, use the: /tell <player> command. Example: "/tell scott hi" sends a message to Scott of "hi"

Initiative rolls to the game log should be doable. The Roster shows the order, but not numbers.

Players should have a handout option in their Start Menu.

Point taken about an indicator option for the handouts.

3. Yaourth

Yaourth New Member

Thanks for answers !! :)