1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Background Sound Feature

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by c873788, Aug 3, 2013.

1. c873788

c873788 New Member

Hi,
    I would really appreciate it if the developers built in some sort of jukebox feature which would allow me as the GM to play various sounds at certain stages in the adventure as well as ambient noises such as marketplace noises or water dripping in a cavern to help immerse my players in the game. At the moment I am forced to run both D20Pro as well as Roll20 (which has a jukebox feature) to achieve this which is a pain. I quite like D20Pro as it is an excellent VTT and would like to be able to ditch Roll20 if D20Pro added this feature. Is this planned to be included in your upgrades at any time in the future?

2. ChrisRevocateur

I'd love this feature as well, but I doubt it would be able to be implemented in d20Pro because it is a direct connection from computer to computer. While that would work if it was one computer to one other computer, the fact that the GM would be trying to push the sound file out to 2 or more computers would probably clog up the GM's data and slow down the game immensely.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If you are using a VoIP solution (skype, teamspeak, vent), you can accomplish this if you have a software modified sound driver - such as Screaming Bee MorphVox. Then you can change your voice or play a sound through the sound driver that everyone connected can hear.

4. c873788

c873788 New Member

I tried Screaming Bee MorphVox but it caused some computer problems for me (microphone stopped working). However, I was unaware until your post of the plethora of voice and ambient sound editing software applications available on the web that can be used in conjunction with Skype. I have since downloaded Clownfish that meets my requirements. It's not perfect but I'm not complaining since it's free. Anyway, thanks for the tip and what this really means is that you don't really need a Jukebox feature in D20Pro given the other options available.