1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Basic question - monster importing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Profcrab, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Profcrab

Profcrab New Member

I think I'm not that smart and I'm not finding this spelled out for me. How do I make a d20pro file for my D&D 5E monsters and the format for doing so. I like to set things up in excel and have it make the the proper format for me. Thank you for any help!

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Creature/tokens are created from within the application. Library->Creatures->Create. There are no individual creature/token filesm least not in a raw state you could/would edit as a template for creating others.. The only import Options are native d20pro format creatures that have previously been exported, or HeroLab/PCgen exported files. There is currently no format for doing excel such as a CVS or the like. There are Bestiaries on the marketplace you can get for free that contain creature for 3.5 and pathfinder.

creature_token_creation.jpg

tho, more detail on what you are specifically wanting to do might make it easier to assist you.

3. Stuie

Stuie New Member

I've seen this mentioned before, but I'm not seeing any free bestiaries on the marketplace. Can I get the specific navigation required to get to these?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

5. Whirlingdervish

Krillion do you know if we will see a herolab export module for 5e in the near future?

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I don't know about 'near' but yes at some point a import/export file/script will be written I am sure..