1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Best method to make Pathfinder Interactive maps D20Pro ready

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B0sh1, Jan 4, 2014.

1. B0sh1

B0sh1 New Member

I am prepping to run the Wrath of the Righteous AP via D20 pro. I have the PDFs of the books to date and each comes with the interactive maps. Does anyone have a series of steps to take the AP interactive maps Paizo uses and make them play ready with D20 Pro? I've downloaded GIMP, so I can scale the grid overlay will better fit the map. However, any other tips would be appreciated.

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Re: Best method to make Pathfinder Interactive maps D20Pro r

Using GIMP, all you should need is here http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGPMaps.php .

It explains how and what other tools (a simple excel sheet) to manipulate the images from the PDF source and make it fit the grid you want in D20PRO.

I had some glitchy issues with those interactive maps, mainly from acrobat reader, but nothing that was earth shatteringly bad. I also tried using the free version of Nitro PDF reader to extract the text from the PDF descriptions in the AP itself for use in the markers (ex Room C4). I create a creature for the room marker and place the pertinent info in it (the pic is the room # without the letter designation). The room Description for the players I place on the Description Tab for the creature/Room Tile and the Game notes I place in the Notes tab. This way I do not need the Book/PDF of the module at all times to run the dungeon. Make the Room Creatures Invisible and Neutral or Unknown team so only you can see them. If you need the creatures already made, I can send them to you or post them here. I even made an alphabet set for some of the stuff in Shattered Star where there are word puzzles.

As far as the Maps are concerned, some of them have a lot of grid masked by terrain (like rocks and grass) and are difficult to count and put into the excel sheet for calculation. No easy fix for that except there is a grid feature on GIMP, which I have yet to use, that may be of some help.

Let me know if you need those room number creatures. ;)