1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Bleeding during dying condition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kimco, Apr 18, 2016.

1. kimco

kimco New Member

Brand new user, sorry if I'm missing this.
    Doing some practice combats, and I knock npc's down to negative hit points and I don't see them taking bleed damage every round.
    Is there a setting for this or an easy way to replicate it?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Kimco!

Thanks for giving D20PRO some tests. At this time Death and Dying for D20PRO is Player/GM initiated. Which means, it's up to the Player or the GM to perform this.

The way I do it, is let the Player roll their check, if they pass the DC they stabilize. If they do not stabilize I select the character using the mouse left-click, then press "D" for Damage, and enter "1" then press Enter to apply the damage (after some practice this only takes a second or two). Alternatively, I let the Player handle their own HP (if they are using a paper character sheet instead of the D20PRO character sheet - some people still like to use paper).

There is another way to add the condition "bleeding" that you can create using Active Effects - though, for now I would stick with one of the above easier options. My philosophy of using any software is this - use the features that make it easy and quick for me. All other features that are harder or longer to use than the alternative suggest an improvement on the feature and outline a better path. :)