1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Broadcasting Maps

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Thurgian, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

I just started D20pro, to prepare for tongihgts session, and had the following hint popup:

"You MUST broadcast the map to players for them to see changes in fog of war or new maps..."

I wish this was true.

Whenever a player causes a change in the game-state, the current display is broadcast to them.

This means, that if I am in the process of updating FoW or if I have just loaded new map, and a player moves their character - they get to see the information - even if I am not ready for them to do so.

Their movement also forces a refresh on my display, which interferers with object placement.

I typically have to tell the players "ok, nobody move", to avoid this.

In the "feature request section" I had mentioned the possibility of players moving (in combat) when it wasn't their turn. A toggle was suggested. Let's take it one step further, and make it a 3 position toggle "Normal, Free Movement, No Movement".

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

I like that idea, I have noticed the fog of war issue myself.